Budget dual tower 7-heatpipe monster for cheap

Tan3l6

I edit my posts more often than not

So very cheap it’s in wish.com territory.  I’d use caution.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

The shop where it's sold is 100% legit. It might only be that they have some glitch in their pricing.

Ordered 2 anyway :D

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

The shop where it's sold is 100% legit. It might only be that they have some glitch in their pricing.

Ordered 2 anyway :D

Well, good luck!

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Not really, it goes for around that price give or take a few euros.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

58 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Not really, it goes for around that price give or take a few euros.

Yup, seems to be priced similarly in the Netherlands and Hungary for example.

https://nl.hardware.info/cpu-koelers.19/gelid-phantom-black.405769

https://www.arukereso.hu/szamitogep-huto-c3094/gelid-solutions/phantom-118x126x160mm-cc-phantom-01-a-p407651997/

I wonder why I haven't heard of it before. It was released back in 2017.

But many reviewers mention that installing is a bit difficult.

2 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

But many reviewers mention that installing is a bit difficult.

Not particularly hard to install it, though the two mounting screws are separated and can be a bit of a hassle.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I think this not a hot deal, I mean technically it is since its sold at higher prices as well but I believe that is so due to artificial price gauging of the product at certain sites checking on geizhals for example (a site that compares prices among European stores) its offered by a few stores at the 35 to 45 euro price range (with the white edition which  is displayed as a product photo at hind.ee  -so maybe they give you the white edition instead of the black?-) being at 33 euro and some change. 

And I really would not pay more than that for a "lesser" brand air cooler (in fact I didnt know this brand existed before and from the packaging it looks like a Chinese brand) 

Don't get me wrong 35 euro/usd is an OK  price for such a cooler (assuming it doesnt suck because I dont know wha quality standards this Chinese brand upholds) but what I am trying to say is that like some pricetags I saw for it for like 60-90 euro in certain sites are just a bad deal and probably artificially gauged (because those prices are to be found on ebay or on amazon 3rd party stores) so that it feels like a good catch if you buy it at 35 and sell that way more (like clothing stores supposedly sell their items everytime at a huge discount while what's happening is that they sell them at the normal retail price and just a e.g -50% on the sticker) 

Yeah, seems that it might not be unbeliavable deal, yet seems to be solid cooler compared to Fuma 2 and other similar coolers. Many reviews also conclude

that Gelid Phantom Black is a better version, being almost 2 degrees cooler. 

Yet if I had known such cooler exists, I'd have bought the regular Phantom for 35€ rather than CNPS20X for twice the price.

6 minutes ago, papajo said:

I think this not a hot deal, I mean technically it is since its sold at higher prices as well but I believe that is so due to artificial price gauging of the product at certain sites checking on geizhals for example (a site that compares prices among European stores) its offered by a few stores at the 35 to 45 euro price range (with the white edition which  is displayed as a product photo at hind.ee  -so maybe they give you the white edition instead of the black?-) being at 33 euro and some change. 

And I really would not pay more than that for a "lesser" brand air cooler (in fact I didnt know this brand existed before and from the packaging it looks like a Chinese brand) 

Don't get me wrong 35 euro/usd is an OK  price for such a cooler (assuming it doesnt suck because I dont know wha quality standards this Chinese brand upholds) but what I am trying to say is that like some pricetags I saw for it for like 60-90 euro in certain sites are just a bad deal and probably artificially gauged (because those prices are to be found on ebay or on amazon 3rd party stores) so that it feels like a good catch if you buy it at 35 and sell that way more (like clothing stores supposedly sell their items everytime at a huge discount while what's happening is that they sell them at the normal retail price and just a e.g -50% on the sticker) 

I personally consider all the big air coolers to be more or less comparable as a class.  Big, tall, heavy, May have memory impingement issues, more than 5 pipes, are significantly over 200w TDP.  so this one, the assassin3, dh15, macho RT, and a couple of others while there may be differences between them are all more similar to each other than anything else.  In that class price wise it seems to crush.  In the USA all those coolers push or are moderately close to $100.  At 35€ it would be worth buying in Europe and importing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Well, the price is real. They arrived today. I'm not going to test them, as remounting my CNPS20x would be a nightmare.

crop.thumb.jpg.b4529fac9d3b4dc1a538c1dd789f12e6.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2020 at 3:56 PM, Bombastinator said:

At 35€ it would be worth buying in Europe and importing.

It seems now it's available in US with reasonable price also - https://www.rexflo.net/products/gelid-solutions-phantom-cooler-cc-phantom-01-a-free-shipping-within-continental-usa

30$ ...

Gelid Phantom Black for some reason costs 5$ more. Maybe because it looks better.

For a 5+2 heatpipe dual tower it's a good deal. Very few reviews tend to downplay this cooler as useless for it's size and not as effective as it looks. It's in 3-4 degrees range of some top tier dual-tower coolers.

Cooling results are all over in different reviews. I like to believe this benchmark - https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/7606/8/gelid-phantom-black-review-dual-fan-tower-testresultaten-maximalenkoeling

Also official store:

https://gelidstore.com/collections/cpu-cooler

2 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

It seems now it's available in US with reasonable price also - https://www.rexflo.net/products/gelid-solutions-phantom-cooler-cc-phantom-01-a-free-shipping-within-continental-usa

30$ ...

Gelid Phantom Black for some reason costs 5$ more. Maybe because it looks better.

For a 5+2 heatpipe dual tower it's a good deal. Very few reviews tend to downplay this cooler as useless for it's size and not as effective as it looks. It's in 3-4 degrees range of some top tier dual-tower coolers.

Cooling results are all over in different reviews. I like to believe this benchmark - https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/7606/8/gelid-phantom-black-review-dual-fan-tower-testresultaten-maximalenkoeling

On the LTT list it sits at tier 4, under the FUMA 2 and NH-D15's...

But considering the price to performance, it's actually very good. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25