Adding Bluetooth and WiFi support.

Marty6IX

Hello, I’m wondering if an intel PCIE Bluetooth and WiFi card would work with my AMD build? I don’t plan to use the WiFi only the Bluetooth since it would eliminate extra wires for my headset. Thanks.

I have an Asrock B450M Pro4-F  with and AMD ryzen 5 3600

85153A38-FFF2-497D-9C2E-97F653BF23CA.jpeg

intel is just the company that manufactured it, so there is no reason why it would work in an amd build.

but one thing to consider is that this pci card only works in windows os based systems, so keep that in mind.

and you should consider looking at a more recent card, as that one first came out in 2013. try getting the 8265 or something newer instead of the 7260 card

continuation on my reply from before, if you want something newer than the 8265 card then i recommend this card https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-ax200ngw-pcie-half-mini-card-m-2/p/0XM-00JK-00064?Description=bluetooth 5.0&cm_re=bluetooth_5.0-_-9SIADXZ9H62090-_-Product&quicklink=true

if you want Bluetooth 4.2 get the 8265 card, if you want Bluetooth 5.0 then go to that link ^

@Marty6IX, @GoodEnough

If I'm not mistaken, the ASRock B450M Pro4-F's M.2 slots are for SSDs in the 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280 sizes, which have different key patterns than those of internal WiFi adapters.

Even if the adapter you mentioned were to fit, you'd still need to attach the antennae. How do you plan to do that?

My recommendation would be to get a WiFi card and antennae with a PCIe adapter built-in.

@Falcon1986

was going to just recommend a simple Bluetooth adapter that works via usb but i decided not to guessing that they have already looked into it

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!