Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrAxe

No video output from gpu

16 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

We have post my sexy friend! 

I'm so happy I just ran around my house screaming we have post! Obviously, my family were considering having me sectioned! 

Clearing CMOS, that was one of the things in the list. :)

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You need to remove the motherboard battery and unplug it.

No, it won't prevent the machine from POSTing.

Removed the battery and gonna let it sit for 5!

1 minute ago, MrAxe said:

Removed the battery and gonna let it sit for 5!

Also hold down the power button for a bit to try and drain the power, but it seems like your power button isn't working so that may not work.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

27 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Also hold down the power button for a bit to try and drain the power, but it seems like your power button isn't working so that may not work.

I'm so happy I just ran around my house screaming we have post! Obviously, my family were considering having me sectioned! 

My power is working fine BTW! It's just a cheap CiT Dark Star and the front panel is abit dodgy! 

Posted · Best Answer
16 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

#MuricaParrotGang

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

I know, I read the list but wanted to try others because it requires me taking out the gpu, moving wires and taking out my WiFi card! 

Why did my cmos cause that issue? I haven't oc'ed or anything just keep everything on auto! Also would my 1 slot wifi card work in my bottom 16 slot? 

17 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I know, I read the list but wanted to try others because it requires me taking out the gpu, moving wires and taking out my WiFi card! 

Why did my cmos cause that issue? I haven't oc'ed or anything just keep everything on auto! Also would my 1 slot wifi card work in my bottom 16 slot? 

Stuff just happens. No idea, it just fixes stuff. Yes, your wifi card will work.

#MuricaParrotGang

4 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Stuff just happens. No idea, it just fixes stuff. Yes, your wifi card will work.

Thanks for the help, my friend! 

Everything has a reason, but I suppose its over our pay grade! 

6 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

You need to remove the motherboard battery and unplug it.

No, it won't prevent the machine from POSTing.

The problem is actually back! I reseated a fan in my case and it started again! 

1 hour ago, MrAxe said:

The problem is actually back! I reseated a fan in my case and it started again! 

And clearing CMOS does? As I said, perhaps the fan is causing problems and is broken in some way.

#MuricaParrotGang

19 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

And clearing CMOS does? As I said, perhaps the fan is causing problems and is broken in some way.

Maybe but it worked! I can't keep doing it because I have to keep unseating and reseating gpu and WiFi card to get to it! Plus I'm assuming it will get damaged if I do it often? Any ideas? Both times it was after unplugging and replugging wires like the fan the second time and the f audio the first! 

It all happened the day after I entered my windows 10 licence if that helps! 😁

I get a single click noise after I shut down my pc everytime too! That might be nothing... Its a single loud click that happens everytime I do it no matter which way I do it. 

3 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Maybe but it worked! I can't keep doing it because I have to keep unseating and reseating gpu and WiFi card to get to it! Plus I'm assuming it will get damaged if I do it often? Any ideas? Both times it was after unplugging and replugging wires like the fan the second time and the f audio the first! 

It all happened the day after I entered my windows 10 licence if that helps! 😁

I get a single click noise after I shut down my pc everytime too! That might be nothing... Its a single loud click that happens everytime I do it no matter which way I do it. 

Your windows license won't cause this. The click is normal. Try and not plug the fan in.

#MuricaParrotGang

10 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Your windows license won't cause this. The click is normal. Try and not plug the fan in.

Should I try turning it on in the morning and see if it works fine? Like without cmos reset and get back to you? 

Tomorrow I'm going on a 5 day holiday around Scotland and I won't be able to do tests then but I can test it in the morning for you! Is that OK? 

Also my strix evolve mouse has the light stay on after my pc is off is that fine or should I unplug it to prevent damage etc? And is there anything that I should do to my pc before I leave it alone for 5 days? 

I'm getting a fan hub in a couple weeks to give me more than just an exhaust fan! I'll make a post again if that causes a problem and if it doesn't happen till then. 

28 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Should I try turning it on in the morning and see if it works fine? Like without cmos reset and get back to you? 

Tomorrow I'm going on a 5 day holiday around Scotland and I won't be able to do tests then but I can test it in the morning for you! Is that OK? 

Also my strix evolve mouse has the light stay on after my pc is off is that fine or should I unplug it to prevent damage etc? And is there anything that I should do to my pc before I leave it alone for 5 days? 

I'm getting a fan hub in a couple weeks to give me more than just an exhaust fan! I'll make a post again if that causes a problem and if it doesn't happen till then. 

Okay, sounds good. You can just leave it unplugged.

#MuricaParrotGang

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay, sounds good. You can just leave it unplugged.

Should I just leave my pc plugged in and like I normally do while I'm away and will my mouse make a difference overnight plugged in? Sorry the light is abit reassuring to me because the light stays off when my pc doesn't work. 

17 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Should I just leave my pc plugged in and like I normally do while I'm away and will my mouse make a difference overnight plugged in? Sorry the light is abit reassuring to me because the light stays off when my pc doesn't work. 

Well if you are going to be leaving then generally I like to leave it unplugged so I can deal with my surge protector acting up and just other stuff. You don't have to though.

#MuricaParrotGang

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Well if you are going to be leaving then generally I like to leave it unplugged so I can deal with my surge protector acting up and just other stuff. You don't have to though.

In the uk, people are likely to experience spikes every 7 years but in rural area with a voltage box built into the house in Scotland... Its closer to 20 and unlikely! 

I'll leave it in! If I do have a spike and it gets past the ac box or whatever it's called then it'll probably be stopped by the surge protector. 

5 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Hey... Turned it on this morning and it was fine! I'll keep you updated when I'm back if your fine with that? 

Came on as normal! I unugged my mouse during the night but kept my extender in because I use usb 2m extenders from my pc to me for m&k!