Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrAxe

No video output from gpu

16 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

We have post my sexy friend! 

I'm so happy I just ran around my house screaming we have post! Obviously, my family were considering having me sectioned! 

Clearing CMOS, that was one of the things in the list. :)

Posted · Original PosterOP

Built my pc a few days ago and it was running fine! This morning I woke up and noticed my f audio wasn't in right, so i unplugged it and replugged it... Now my gpu isn't spinning or outputting a video to my TV? 

Any ideas? I didn't damage anything and it was off when I was messing with it. I also can't turn it off anymore it stays on. It's obviously working because my TV detects something and it doesn't display anything! 

The machine does power up, but my screen remains black (no POST).

1. Make sure your BIOS version is compatible with the CPU generation you're trying to run in your motherboard, you can consult the manual or the manufacturer's website about this.
  2. Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.
  3. Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.
  4. Make sure your PSU is powerful enough to power your complete system.
  5. Make sure your monitor works by testing it on a different computer.
  6. If you have both a dedicated GPU and an iGPU, try your monitor on both the outputs on the graphics cards as well as on the motherboard.
  7. Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  8. Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  9. If the motherboard you're using has debug LEDs, check the error code and consult the motherboard manual to see what it means.
  10. If you have a debug speaker connected to the motherboard, note the beep sequence and consult the motherboard manual or this thread to see what it means.
  11. Try clearing your CMOS.
  12. Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well ;) ).
  13. Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.
  14. Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer.
  15. Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard.

If the PC still doesn't POST after this, create a new thread and, as explained here, post IN FULL DETAIL about your problem. Make sure you include the following:

1. System configuration
  2. Troubleshooting steps you already did
  3. Any additional information that may be relevant.

Some of these steps may not be applicable because you already know it's working, like 1 and 4.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

1. Make sure your BIOS version is compatible with the CPU generation you're trying to run in your motherboard, you can consult the manual or the manufacturer's website about this.
  2. Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.
  3. Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.
  6. If you have both a dedicated GPU and an iGPU, try your monitor on both the outputs on the graphics cards as well as on the motherboard.
  7. Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  8. Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  9. If the motherboard you're using has debug LEDs, check the error code and consult the motherboard manual to see what it means.
  10. If you have a debug speaker connected to the motherboard, note the beep sequence and consult the motherboard manual or this thread to see what it means.
  12. Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well ;) ).
  13. Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.

If the PC still doesn't POST after this, create a new thread and, as explained here, post IN FULL DETAIL about your problem. Make sure you include the following:

1. System configuration

Some of these steps may not be applicable because you already know it's working, like 1 and 4.

As I said... It was working last night and I went to bed and connected f audio and now there's no video. I removed f audio still no video. I have checked everything is plugged in correctly and still nothing... I have change hdmi slots on the gpu and and on TV.. 

I have changed hdmi wires and everything. 

4 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

1. System configuration

Should I turn it off at the psu? My f panel doesn't turn it off and the fans on the gpu aren't spinning and it's starting to heat up. 

16 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Should I turn it off at the psu? My f panel doesn't turn it off and the fans on the gpu aren't spinning and it's starting to heat up. 

You followed exactly zero steps I gave you. At least read the list. Try and reseat your F-Panel connections.

#MuricaParrotGang

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You followed exactly zero steps I gave you. At least read the list. Try and reseat your F-Panel connections.

I read them all... I reseated ram and my gpu, I did check all my f panel and my mouse light is not coming on either is that a sign? It usually powers on the light on my mouse. 

4 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I read them all... I reseated ram and my gpu, I did check all my f panel and my mouse light is not coming on either is that a sign? It usually powers on the light on my mouse. 

Okay, so you have fan spin, right?

#MuricaParrotGang

11 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

I actually think I have added another symptom that I didn't notice. My mouse isn't lighting up and it's plugged into mobo... My f panel lights it up for a few seconds and it goes off again. 

Last night I wasn't able to click on setting and power and I restarted and it worked fine again that was after I activated a new Windows key. 

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

Okay, so you have fan spin, right?

I have fan spin but no gpu fan spin... Obviously that won't until it heats up enough but it is getting hot when it's on! Does that mean no post if my mouse isn't lighting up? 

9 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I have fan spin but no gpu fan spin... Obviously that won't until it heats up enough but it is getting hot when it's on! Does that mean no post if my mouse isn't lighting up? 

When you first turn on the system do you get GPU fan spin? They only turn off after a bit. Try reseating your GPU.

#MuricaParrotGang

When you first turn on the system do you get GPU fan spin? They only turn off after a bit. Try reseating your GPU.

I did that... I don't know but my gpu fans never turn on when I turn on my pc actually maybe for a second but no spin atm. 

2 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I did that... I don't know but my gpu fans never turn on when I turn on my pc actually maybe for a second but no spin atm. 

Go ahead and double check, that turning on for a second is the important part.

#MuricaParrotGang

Go ahead and double check, that turning on for a second is the important part.

Should I turn it off at the psu again and turn it back on? My power button is one way, basically only turns it and if I hold it my mobo light flickers. 

14 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Should I turn it off at the psu again and turn it back on? My power button is one way, basically only turns it and if I hold it my mobo light flickers. 

Yeah, if your front panel isn't working

#MuricaParrotGang

5 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

It is but it's because it's a cheap case! Read that some f panels on turn on and not off. 

Just now, MrAxe said:

It is but it's because it's a cheap case! Read that some f panels on turn on and not off. 

I see. So still no POST? Make sure all your cables are seated, and clear CMOS.

#MuricaParrotGang

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

No fan spin on gpu at launch... But heard some don't until they heat even at launch? 

Like I said last night it was abit buggy and not letting me click on power options or display or any options and I restarted and activated windows yesterday. 

Just now, MrAxe said:

No fan spin on gpu at launch... But heard some don't until they heat even at launch? 

Like I said last night it was abit buggy and not letting me click on power options or display or any options and I restarted and activated windows yesterday. 

Yeah seems like a power problem you sure all your cables are plugged in fully?

#MuricaParrotGang

I see. So still no POST? Make sure all your cables are seated, and clear CMOS.

How do I reset cmos and what are the issues that reset causes? 

Yeah seems like a power problem you sure all your cables are plugged in fully?

Yes... I unplugged my power and replugged back in all except the 24 pin because nothing would spin if that wasn't on right! 

3 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Yes... I unplugged my power and replugged back in all except the 24 pin because nothing would spin if that wasn't on right! 

So you plugged in everything except the most essential power connector? ...

5 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

How do I reset cmos and what are the issues that reset causes? 

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=how+to+clear+cmos&ia=web

It fixes general problems.

#MuricaParrotGang

So you plugged in everything except the most essential power connector? ...

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=how+to+clear+cmos&ia=web

It fixes general problems.

Ok, I'll try that! Could windows activation messed it up? Wasn't happening till then. 

Obviously the 24pin is in but I didn't uplug it because it would have to be working otherwise nothing would be powering on. 

8 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I held down clr cmos for 10 second and nothing had change now that I rebooted. 

You need to remove the motherboard battery and unplug it.

24 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Ok, I'll try that! Could windows activation messed it up? Wasn't happening till then. 

Obviously the 24pin is in but I didn't uplug it because it would have to be working otherwise nothing would be powering on. 

No, it won't prevent the machine from POSTing.

#MuricaParrotGang

You need to remove the motherboard battery and unplug it.

No, it won't prevent the machine from POSTing.

I'll try find a video on it.