no video input error

can anyone help me i just build my pc like 3 hours ago and my monitor says no video input error. i dont know whats the problem

please list your full specs including psu model etc and if possible a photo of the build. Could be literally anything causing what you described. Do the fans spin up? any post LEDs?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor (Stock, -0.1V offset)  /// Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-Ace /// CPU Cooler: Deepcool GamerStorm Castle 360 RGB V2 /// GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G /// RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG /// PSU: Corsair RM850i /// Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (boot) + 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe (Working Drive) + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD RAID0 (Game Library) + 2TB Seagate BarraCuda (Backup) /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals (Main Rig): Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 + Logitech G903 Lightspeed /// Keyboard: Keychron Q1 ANSI - JWK Lavender Linear Switches (TX Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Durock V2 Stabilisers, Polycarbonate Plate, Tape Mod, GMK Blue Samurai + Keychron K4 V2 Hotswap RGB Aluminum Frame - Gateron Milky Black (Deskeys Switch Film, Krytox 205g0), Foam Mod, Tape Mod, GMK Rainy Day PBT Clones /// Tablet: Wacom Intuos M BT /// Monitor: 4x LG 27UL500-W (4K IPS Freesync) /// DAC: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 /// Speakers: Logitech Z625 /// Mic: Focusrite CM25 MkII /// Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, ATH-LS70iS IEMs /// Racing Wheel: Logitech G920 Driving Force with Shifter /// Eye Tracker: Steelseries Sentry  /// External Drives: 500GB Samsung T5 SSD (Working Drive)

Home Server - NASty: CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700x Processor /// Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-Pro  /// CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 /// GPU: Gigabyte GeForce® GT 1030 OC 2G /// RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200Mhz CL16 /// Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Window /// PSU: Corsair RM750x /// Storage: LSI SAS 9211-8i (IT Mode) + 10x 4TB Seagate Exos Enterprise Drive /// OS: UNRaid

Tester Rig: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 200GE Processor /// Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero WIFI  /// CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism RGB /// GPU: Palit GeForce® GTX 1050 2GB StromX /// RAM: Klevv Bolt 8GB (1x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15 /// Chassis: The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"! /// PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 /// Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD + 240GB Transcend SSD220S 2.5" SATA SSD /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop (Asus UX430UN): CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor  /// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 /// RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz /// Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD8SN8U512G1002 (boot) /// OS: Windows 10 Home

Other Tech: Console: Xbox One S 1TB, Apple TV 4K /// Printer: Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx /// Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite (Daily Driver)  /// Tablet: Apple iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi (2018) 32GB + Apple Pencil (1st Generation) /// Headphones: Apple Airpods Pro, Sony WF-1000XM3, Sony WH-1000XM3 /// Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Space Grey

Cameras: Bodies: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV,  Sony A6000 /// Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Canon), Sony SEL-P1650 E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS /// Lighting: 2x Godox SL60-W Continuous LED, 2x Canon Speedlite 580EXII /// Tripods: Leofoto LS-324C Carbon Fiber Tripod + Leofoto LH-40 Ballhead, Leofoto MC-80 Multipurpose Clamp, Triopo DG-3 Gimbal Head /// Yes, I am a Canon Fanboy, deal with it

What are your specs?

The general initial trouble shooting is: Are you plugged into your MOBO or video card?  If you have a video card your should plug into that.  Check your cables and make sure all are attached in the right spot and firmly in place.  Do you have any post codes or debugging lights on your MOBO?  Does it power on and are fans spinning?

5 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

What are your specs?

The general initial trouble shooting is: Are you plugged into your MOBO or video card?  If you have a video card your should plug into that.  Check your cables and make sure all are attached in the right spot and firmly in place.  Do you have any post codes or debugging lights on your MOBO?  Does it power on and are fans spinning?

yes it powers on and the fan spins

2 minutes ago, Rafizia said:

yes it powers on and the fan spins

And where is your display cable plugged in?

Just now, Worstcaster said:

And where is your display cable plugged in?

in the graphics card 

I'm having the same issue. No debug lights on the motherboard and I have a Asus z390 e, Intel 9 9th gen, 2 Corsair vengeance 16 ram each, and a Nvidia GeForce 2080ti. I also hear a faint short buzz whenever I start up

Just now, ShockScream said:

I'm having the same issue. No debug lights on the motherboard and I have a Asus z390 e, Intel 9 9th gen, 2 Corsair vengeance 16 ram each, and a Nvidia GeForce 2080ti. I also hear a faint short buzz whenever I start up

Power supply?

4 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

What are your specs and any debug lights on the MOBO?

ryzen 5 3600

rtx 2060 zotac 

240 gb m.2

2tb seagate 

16gb of ram 

motherboard b450 gigabyte 

corsair psu 650w 80+

2 minutes ago, ShockScream said:

Check your cables make sure nothing is lose, making a partial connection.

Just now, Rafizia said:

can it be the monitor ?

Yes.

1 minute ago, Rafizia said:

ryzen 5 3600

rtx 2060 zotac 

240 gb m.2

2tb seagate 

16gb of ram 

motherboard b450 gigabyte 

corsair psu 650w 80+

Did your MOBO box have a ready for Ryzen 3000/Zen 2 sticker on it?  If it has been on a shelf for a while, you might need a BIOS update.  This will involve having to use an older processor (ie.  Ryzen 1000, 2000 series) to boot up, then update the BIOS, and then install your Ryzen 3000 CPU.  If you don't have an older chip or have a friend with one you can borrow, here are instructions from AMD on how to get a loaner chip for a BIOS update: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

The machine doesn't do anything. No beeps, LEDs or spinning fans.

1. Check if your power cable is firmly plugged in on both ends (you would be surprised how many issues this resolves)
  2. Check if the power supply (PSU) has a button to cut the power to the machine. Check if this button is in the position denoted with ON or I
  3. Check if EVERY power cable is plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  4. Check if the power button is installed correctly (consult your motherboard manual)
  5. Try shorting out the pins you connect the power button to manually. If this powers on your system, you have a faulty power button.
  6. Check with a device of which you know that it works if the power outlet you're using is actually providing power.

If this hasn't solved the problem, check if your PSU isn't dead. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Unplug your power cord and/or flip the switch on the back of the PSU in the position denoted with OFF or 0
  2. Unplug every connector coming from your PSU (this is very important)
  3. Using a bent paperclip, short out the green wire on the 24 pin header with any of the black wires, like so.
  4. If you have a PSU that shuts down its fan under low load, or a PSU that is fanless, connect something small like a hard drive to it.
  5. Plug in your power cord and/or flip the switch on the back of the PSU in the position denoted with ON or I

If the PSU does NOT power on (the fan/hard drive you connected should start spinning) after following these steps, your PSU is in all likelyhood defective. Request an RMA.

If the PSU DOES power on, then the problem is most likely your motherboard.

The machine does power up, but my screen remains black (no POST).

1. Make sure your BIOS version is compatible with the CPU generation you're trying to run in your motherboard, you can consult the manual or the manufacturer's website about this.
  2. Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.
  3. Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.
  4. Make sure your PSU is powerful enough to power your complete system.
  5. Make sure your monitor works by testing it on a different computer.
  6. If you have both a dedicated GPU and an iGPU, try your monitor on both the outputs on the graphics cards as well as on the motherboard.
  7. Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  8. Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.
  9. If the motherboard you're using has debug LEDs, check the error code and consult the motherboard manual to see what it means.
  10. If you have a debug speaker connected to the motherboard, note the beep sequence and consult the motherboard manual or this thread to see what it means.
  11. Try clearing your CMOS.
  12. Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well ;) ).
  13. Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.
  14. Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer.
  15. Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard.

If the PC still doesn't POST after this, create a new thread and, as explained here, post IN FULL DETAIL about your problem. Make sure you include the following:

1. System configuration
  2. Troubleshooting steps you already did
  3. Any additional information that may be relevant.

Credits to BlueScope819

Just now, Snarky said:

Yes.

That is also a possibility.  Try switching to a different port on the monitor or graphics card.  ie.  Direct Video to HDMI and vice versa.

It could also be a RAM issue.  Try booting with only one stick, if that doesn't work try the other.  That checks the RAM sticks themselves.  If neither works try one stick in the different DIMM slots.  This checks the MOBO.

There's more than one B450 Gigabyte motherboard. Do you have an exact model number?

My first suspicion would be you possibly need to update your BIOS if the box the board came in didn't specify it was Ryzen 3XXX ready.

11 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

There's more than one B450 Gigabyte motherboard. Do you have an exact model number?

My first suspicion would be you possibly need to update your BIOS if the box the board came in didn't specify it was Ryzen 3XXX ready.

its a b40m ds3h

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Power supply?

No I just replaced the power supply

1 hour ago, Rafizia said:

its a b40m ds3h

Does the motherboard box have any information stating it's Ryzen 3XXX ready?

That motherboard requires BIOS version F40 to run your CPU. Do you have access to a 1XXX/2XXX series CPU we could verify this with?

7 hours ago, ShockScream said:

Examine your MOBO and video card for any blown capacitors or scorch marks.  Can you narrow down the part which is making the sound?