Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LilROC109

This is a quality build for the price..... Right?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): $1500 USD

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: a lot of various games that need different things, flight sim 2020, Minecraft, fortnite, the witcher 3, csgo, pc building sim, OBS, the escapists 2,

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

here is a list, i wanna play at 1080p to 1440p, it doesn't matter, i have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headset.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

looks good but I would get a 5700xt rather than the 2070 super. Also if you are not in a rush I would wait for the next gen stuff to release 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, tank234 said:

looks good but I would get a 5700xt rather than the 2070 super. Also if you are not in a rush I would wait for the next gen stuff to release 

well i do plan on using RTX in some games, and i figured that this is the best card for my budget, plus i only have a budget of $1500 usd, i dont know that the next gen stuff is going to cost more, feel free to make any adjustments

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, spartaman64 said:

but why do you have a wraith cooler for 100+ dollars also

well i couldn't find any good black noctua cpu coolers that i can buy right know, and i dont want to go AIO, so why not a amd cooler on an amd cpu?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LilROC109 said:

well i couldn't find any good black noctua cpu coolers that i can buy right know, and i dont want to go AIO, so why not a amd cooler on an amd cpu?

 

you are buying a cooler probably worse than a 212 evo for 119 dollars 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LilROC109 said:

well i couldn't find any good black noctua cpu coolers that i can buy right know, and i dont want to go AIO, so why not a amd cooler on an amd cpu?

 

If you arent overclocking, the included cooler is good enough. Or you can get a cheaper cooler like the hyper 212 if you want it to be cooler or quieter. Also, there is really no need to buy thermal paste as it is pre applied to most coolers.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LilROC109 said:

well i couldn't find any good black noctua cpu coolers that i can buy right know, and i dont want to go AIO, so why not a amd cooler on an amd cpu?

 

That cooler is included with cpu's it's worse on the level of 20$ coolers. Not much better than the stock cooler your cpu comes with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, spartaman64 said:

you are buying a cooler probably worse than a 212 evo for 119 dollars 

well do you have any recommendations for a good cpu cooler? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LilROC109 said:

well do you have any recommendations for a good cpu cooler? 

Arctic esports Duo 34 for around $40.


|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

 

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LilROC109 said:

well do you have any recommendations for a good cpu cooler? 

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition ($38)

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ($90)


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

If you arent overclocking, the included cooler is good enough. Or you can get a cheaper cooler like the hyper 212 if you want it to be cooler or quieter. Also, there is really no need to buy thermal paste as it is pre applied to most coolers.

ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition ($38)

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ($90)

i think im going to get the be quiet one, sould i get the extra thermal paste?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LilROC109 said:

i think im going to get the be quiet one, sould i get the extra thermal paste?

 

I wouldn't. I believe it comes with a pretty decent paste and even if you bought the best thermal paste on the market, you would only be seeing a couple of degrees of difference.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

I wouldn't. I believe it comes with a pretty decent paste and even if you bought the best thermal paste on the market, you would only be seeing a couple of degrees of difference.

ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a much better build.

1. no need for the amd cooler. This hyper 212 is better and like 70$ cheaper. Also good thermal paste comes with the cooler.

2. This case comes with an extra fan so no need for all the extra ones.

3. This is a ATX mobo which is still very good but will fill up the case

4. This is a psu with more wattage and a bit cheaper. it is still B+ on the tier list.

With all the money saved, you can go for a much better gpu. The r5 3600 can still keep up.

I would wait for next gen hardware tho, so you could swap out the cpu and gpu for one of the new ones (coming out in the next couple of months)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

This is a much better build.

1. no need for the amd cooler. This hyper 212 is better and like 70$ cheaper. Also good thermal paste comes with the cooler.

2. This case comes with an extra fan so no need for all the extra ones.

3. This is a ATX mobo which is still very good but will fill up the case

4. This is a psu with more wattage and a bit cheaper. it is still B+ on the tier list.

With all the money saved, you can go for a much better gpu. The r5 3600 can still keep up.

I would wait for next gen hardware tho, so you could swap out the cpu and gpu for one of the new ones (coming out in the next couple of months)

thx! tho, im wondering if i sould stick with the 2070 super, and not go for the 2080 super. besides, if i upgrade to a 3080TI from a 2070 super, wouldn't it fell like a better experience instead of going 2080 super then 3080TI?

Link to post
Share on other sites

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LilROC109 said:

thx! tho, im wondering if i sould stick with the 2070 super, and not go for the 2080 super. besides, if i upgrade to a 3080TI from a 2070 super, wouldn't it fell like a better experience instead of going 2080 super then 3080TI?

Just wait? The 3080ti is launching is like 30 days? If you already know you want that card why are you throwing away money like that? Also why even bother upgrading if you aren't even sure you'd notice a big difference?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Just wait? The 3080ti is launching is like 30 days? If you already know you want that card why are you throwing away money like that? Also why even bother upgrading if you aren't even sure you'd notice a big difference?

wait, 30 DAYS????? i didn't think it would launch till october or november!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LilROC109 said:

wait, 30 DAYS????? i didn't think it would launch till october or november!

It is rumored to be announced sometime in the next month and be available a couple of weeks after that.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

 

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LilROC109 said:

thx! tho, im wondering if i sould stick with the 2070 super, and not go for the 2080 super. besides, if i upgrade to a 3080TI from a 2070 super, wouldn't it fell like a better experience instead of going 2080 super then 3080TI?

You could just wait for the new hardware. Save a lot of money

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×