Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mahyar

what do yo think the minimum specs for a pc is in 2020?

6 minutes ago, TheGrandMaster said:

Doesn’t exist. 

6 minutes ago, TheGrandMaster said:

I'd say the most common right now is an intel core i5/i7 9th gen or higher with at least a gtx 1060 or 1650. For Rtx it would be the rtx 2060 and the rtx 2050. For amd builds a ryzen 7 3700x or ryzen 5 3600 with a radeon RX 560X.

What about Intel/nVidia or AMD/nVidia?

|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Doesn’t exist. 

What about Intel/nVidia or AMD/nVidia?

sorry i meant rtx 2070 and the 2060. For amd/nvidia it works the same just a ryzen 5 3600 for budget and ryzen 7 3700x with a gtx 1060 or 1650 and Rtx would be the rtx 2060 and the rtx 2050.

bare min: 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, Pentium processor

more practical: 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i3-10100

min for gaming: 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Ryzen 3300X, RX 570

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread      imgflip account

website     folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

SSD: 128GB

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB

GPU: Radeon RX 470 OC

Cinebench score: 3428

Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 75C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~65C*.

(*Playing Minecraft it goes to 50C and haven't stressed it yet, so this is a guesstimate)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

You could technically get by on a $30 usd raspberry pi 3 for light office work and web browsing. I've even seen people use them to stream on youtube.

Posted · Original PosterOP
36 minutes ago, steelo said:

You could technically get by on a $30 usd raspberry pi 3 for light office work and web browsing. I've even seen people use them to stream on youtube.

raspberry pi 4 (2GB) is better in every way and it cost the same

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

Posted (edited)

Ignore please.

Edited by nox_
1 minute ago, nox_ said:

???

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

11 hours ago, wall03 said:

bare min: 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, Pentium processor

more practical: 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i3-10100

min for gaming: 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Ryzen 3300X, RX 570

Was going to make a long post, then I saw yours.

Yeah. Pretty much this.

If it's "minimum" as in "I don't have much in terms of cash and just want something right now that can use the internet."

... Well, used PCs are a thing and any of these will do the job.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Was going to make a long post, then I saw yours.

Yeah. Pretty much this.

If it's "minimum" as in "I don't have much in terms of cash and just want something right now that can use the internet."

... Well used PCs are a thing and any of these will do the job.

well my goal from this topic was long answers but a 10100 is (for the lack of the better word) horribly terrible 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mahyar said:

well my goal from this topic was long answers but a 10100k is (for the lack of the better word) horribly terrible 

It's fine'ish for what it is. Goes for cheap and can be a decent option when for one or another reason Ryzen is not an option, due to limited availability or other factors.

Edited by nox_

if im going to go new intel (imagin whats wrong with intel that a hard core intel fanboy "myself" is saying this)  i will use a 8088

5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

if im going to go new intel (imagin whats wrong with intel that a hard core intel fanboy "myself" is saying this)  i will use a 8088

Your statement does not make any sense. Supposed to be funny?

11 hours ago, mahyar said:

FOR 100TH TIME i just wanted to know what people think about older hardware im not crazy or something if i want build a old pc i5 2500 is minimum cpu and geforce 9600 is min gpu with 4 gig of ram and 1080p youtube is out of reach anyway if my pc can handle it my internet can't!

Minimum specs of modern PC:

1. 16 core/32 thread CPU or better
  2. 2x RTX 2080ti or better
  3. 32 GB ram or more
  4. 4 TB NVME drives or more

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

Just now, straight_stewie said:

Minimum specs of modern PC:

1. 16 core/32 thread CPU or better
  2. 2x RTX 2080ti or better
  3. 32 GB ram or more
  4. 4 TB NVME drives or more

are you messing with me?

4 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Your statement does not make any sense. Supposed to be funny?

no this the point this is such a mess that i cant describe it with words!

Just now, mahyar said:

no this the point this is such a mess that i cant describe it with words!

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

are you messing with me?

No.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

3 hours ago, TheGrandMaster said:

I'd say the most common right now is an intel core i5/i7 9th gen or higher with at least a gtx 1060 or 1650. For Rtx it would be the rtx 2060 and the rtx 2050. For amd builds a ryzen 7 3700x or ryzen 5 3600 with a radeon RX 560X.

This is your minimum spec web browsing build?!

How rich are you?

Also...

rtx 2050

Not a thing...

ryzen 7 3700x or ryzen 5 3600 with a radeon RX 560X.

Do you mean 5600XT? The RX560 is a card so I got confused with that.

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz

use case?

If all I wanted was a facebook machine for my aunt, a Core 2 Quad with 8GB of RAM and an HD 5450 might work okay, Wouldn't go anything below that though.

59 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

use case?

If all I wanted was a facebook machine for my aunt, a Core 2 Quad with 8GB of RAM and an HD 5450 might work okay, Wouldn't go anything below that though.

its just a discussion im not going to build such a pc i just want to know what others think about bare minimum

4 hours ago, mahyar said:

its just a discussion im not going to build such a pc i just want to know what others think about bare minimum

Gtx 1060, i5 9th gen and 8GB of ram

There's no answer to this, people have different needs. 

I use my notebook for work, I NEED at bare minimum 16GB of memory or else my projects in Adobe apps turn into a slideshow. Is 16GB the minimum spec for everyone else? Nope.

This is kind of a silly thread unless you qualify it with something like minimum spec "for word processing" or something.

MacBook Pro 16

i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME - many dongles

Minimum spec is really up to you in a sense. But since this is mostly going based on doing the bare minimum such as email and web browsing, then i'd say 4gb of ram, an intel m3 processor, and 128GB of storage. That to me is minimum.

4 hours ago, HiGuyz said:

Gtx 1060, i5 9th gen and 8GB of ram

4 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

There's no answer to this, people have different needs. 

I use my notebook for work, I NEED at bare minimum 16GB of memory or else my projects in Adobe apps turn into a slideshow. Is 16GB the minimum spec for everyone else? Nope.

This is kind of a silly thread unless you qualify it with something like minimum spec "for word processing" or something.

3 hours ago, Peter Starzynski said:

Minimum spec is really up to you in a sense. But since this is mostly going based on doing the bare minimum such as email and web browsing, then i'd say 4gb of ram, an intel m3 processor, and 128GB of storage. That to me is minimum.

thanks for all of your opinions