Best cloning software for SSD/HDD?

Twister
1 minute ago, Twister said:

its an SSD the noise coming from

If it's under warranty I'd RMA it.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

If it's under warranty I'd RMA it.

Samsung, 5 year warranty, on the EVO product lines it says. Should i first clone my disk and see if it fixes the noise ? Maybe the install was error or corrupt making windows unstable that why idk. just thinking here.

Just now, Twister said:

Should i first clone my disk and see if it fixes the noise ?

I guess it's the reasonable thing to do.

I edit my posts more often than not

Is it perfectly safe to have a SSD plugged in with SATA and the other cable (forgot name) without havin it screwed attached to your disk cage? 

Also how sensitive are SSDs ? Cause I may have dropped it on floor when i opened it the box (i opened it upside down and it fall out) (of course this isn't something i would say when / if i RMA it)

Just now, Escanor said:

If you restored disk a to disk b and disk b finds corrupt files its the result of the backup having same corrupt files it will copy everything exactly as it was on disk a that is why i suggest first doing a sfc /scannow in the future before making the clone cos it saves time in the future and problems.

i still dont understand you. 

i scanned my C drive on 25th july and everything was Fine OK

I bought my new drive on 26th july

I installed windows on it 28th july , it had corrupt system files

I switched back to my old drive again on 29th july, the weird noise stopped and the system windows scan turned out OK again

I switched back my new drive 30th july and corrupt system files and bad noise appear again

I haven't yet made a clone

Im gonna intend clone my old drive to new drive, putting all healthy things on the new one. 

4 minutes ago, Escanor said:

I guess the drive is faulty then however sfc /scannow is not a disk check tool it just checks for currupt files so perhaps you should go to right click the problematic drive then extra and check errors from there, you could probably hook it up externally to and check if the noise comes back then that certainly is not normal.

good idea. yea i know corrupt system files isnt about the drive itself being faulty. however in my theory a faulty drive could end up messing install correct way and making them corrupt. (during install process) in MY theory. cause the big question mark here is how can a brand new windows install already have corrupt system files? 

12 minutes ago, Escanor said:

Usually it is but if the drive its faulty its different story, if had plenty of times where it would make a difference safed me quite a lot of time to make an image without corrupt files so would not run into issues after deploying it on new machine, bassicly did this all day, now i am at home tho cos of corona.

We use network boot over network cos we cant just use multipli usb sticks for each machine.

found this answer at tom's hardware

For non mechanical electronics a high pitch whine is normally caused by a vibration of a component at around 20 KHz. This is close to the freq used by some switching PS circuit. The SSD may (Do not know for sure) contain a PWM circuit to reduce the applied 5 Volts (From PSU) down to a lower voltage to be used by the cells.

I would verify that it infact is coming from the SSD. Remove the SSD but leave it connected should be able to stick your ear on the case. If it is the SSD RMA it.

Most common source is the PSU. That being the PSU, or an excessive ripple component on the 5 V line.

and suggested upgrade firmware on SSD or RMA it. should i upgrade firmware before clone it? and how i upgrade firmware on samsung ssd?

just tried the game fortnite by default it put me on epic settings and my computer then suddenly became quiet as a silent mouse. nothing. even the ssd stopped making noise. but as soon i get back to windows again, it starts buzzing like a bee locked in a water bottle again. and the mouse cursor moves choppy around the screen with every pixel moved making the noise screech more. 

i now tried cloning my disk with the program macrium reflect and it failed, when i tried to use my new ssd to boot windows i get this error message.

i even tried to fix it by options here and use windows usb stick and also the repair failed. i even watched several youtube videos how to do the cloning and i followed exactly everything they did in steps and it worked for them but not for me. 

sorry im writing from an old laptop and i dont know how to resize the image if its large.

basicly the window says 'your device needs to be repaired' after i try use the new ssd to boot up from.

IMG-5595.jpg

7 hours ago, Twister said:

i now tried cloning my disk with the program macrium reflect and it failed, when i tried to use my new ssd to boot windows i get this error message.

i even tried to fix it by options here and use windows usb stick and also the repair failed. i even watched several youtube videos how to do the cloning and i followed exactly everything they did in steps and it worked for them but not for me. 

sorry im writing from an old laptop and i dont know how to resize the image if its large.

basicly the window says 'your device needs to be repaired' after i try use the new ssd to boot up from.

Boot back into Reflect and somewhere there's an option that says Fix Windows Boot Issues, click it then click next a few times.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Boot back into Reflect and somewhere there's an option that says Fix Windows Boot Issues, click it then click next a few times.

i did this instead and it solved it

BCD store needs fixing. That's rather common problem after cloning.
Boot from windows installation media/command prompt and execute:
bootrec /rebuildbcd