3 Pin Fan Hub

Netero

Hey, So I recently bought the Deepcool FH-10 fanhub and quickly realized that my 3 pin fans won't be able to be controlled through it. All I want to do is control my 3 pin fans through speedfan, they don't need to change depending on temperature or anything and I also don't need to control of all of them separately, for example let's say i get a fanhub that if i change the speed on 1 of them it changes all of them, i'm completely fine with this.

Is there any fan hub for 3 pin fans that can do this or i'm i out of luck?

to be able to control your fans speed I believe that you need a 4 pin fan. Three pin fans don't have pwm control which is what allows you to control the speed of the fan. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works unless if you can get a 3 pin to 4 pin adapter not really sure though 

Just now, tank234 said:

to be able to control your fans speed I believe that you need a 4 pin fan. Three pin fans don't have pwm control which is what allows you to control the speed of the fan. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works unless if you can get a 3 pin to 4 pin adapter not really sure though 

You can control 3 pin fan speed but it's a lot less accurate. Usually 12V gets the fans to run at full speed so if you were to send 7V to it it would run at 70% speed. PWM fans always have 12V going to them but their motors aren't running all the time.

5 minutes ago, tank234 said:

Three pin fans don't have pwm control which is what allows you to control the speed of the fan.

3 pin fan - DC control

4 pin fan - PWM control

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

44 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

3 pin fan - DC control

4 pin fan - PWM control

Exactly. I've been able to control the 3pin fan speed using openhardwaremonitor, not sure about all of them at once.