Adblock or Adblock Plus?

If you see the ad then the person running the site/creating the content gets paid, NOT if you click on it. Do you know how many viruses a person would get by clicking on damn near ANY ad on sites like Softpedia or Forbes?

That said, I can see Adblock on a family PC where the kids click on random sh*t or on granny's PC for the same-ish reason. But an educated computer user should try to refrain from using Adblock. I use it but whitelist plenty of sites because those sites I support.

And what about youtube? For example i am watching pewdiepies video with adblock off does he get money for that or it goes to youtube?

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Neither, why? Because Disconnect is just all around better. On top of that it's completely open source so you're not running code in your browser that you don't even know what it does. I've used Adblock in the past and it's pretty clunky at being slow and destroying web pages. Disconnect has been literally a god send ever since I've been using it (this topic alone loaded 20% faster with it).

Note: Disconnect isn't an ad blocker, tho it does remove quite a few of them that are designed for collecting data.

lol i use disconnect and ablock.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

And what about youtube? For example i am watching pewdiepies video with adblock off does he get money for that or it goes to youtube?

If you turn Adblock off for YouTube, then yes, he will be paid.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using adblock on most pages, and I have no issues. never tried Plus so can;t comment on that

if I have been using adblock, will re-watching the videos with ad-block disabled help the LTT group?

Neither, why? Because Disconnect is just all around better. On top of that it's completely open source so you're not running code in your browser that you don't even know what it does. I've used Adblock in the past and it's pretty clunky at being slow and destroying web pages. Disconnect has been literally a god send ever since I've been using it (this topic alone loaded 20% faster with it).

Note: Disconnect isn't an ad blocker, tho it does remove quite a few of them that are designed for collecting data.

I dont see the point of running this plus adblocking. You can use adblock plus to stop sites from tacking you with filters.

Easy Privacy is fine and good enough blocks all tracking and you dont need alot of addons that do different things adblock plus does it all.

I am actually using Adblock and Adblock Plus at the same time for whatever reason. At least i dont see any ads anywhere, so i dont care :P

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

+

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

• 1 year later...

Ad Guard, uses less resources than ad block and ive found it blocks more ads,

Why would you bump a thread from almost 2 years ago.