Hey Im new ! :3

WolfTechGaming

hey guys whats up ? :3 so im mostly a ps4 and pc gamer ^^ and as much as i hate to say it...i also have gamepass on pc but not using it on my xbox box one x becouse well....its just mostly a 4k blu ray player at this point lol anyways  i do have a question ^^

im switching to amd ryzen from my intel i78700k  and i already picked out the parts for it which is a ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6) AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, HDMI 2.1, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync)    and  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler

i also have already in my pc a RTX 2060  , and 2666mhz corsair 16gbs of ram

so my question is can i put my existing ram on the new motherboard (upgrade later) and just do a fresh install of windows ? ohh and do i need a new win10 pruduct key too since the licensing is tied onto the existing motherboard ?

Hey there! Warm welcome to the forums. 😁

5 minutes ago, WolfTechGaming said:

so my question is can i put my existing ram on the new motherboard (upgrade later) and just do a fresh install of windows ? ohh and do i need a new win10 pruduct key too since the licensing is tied onto the existing motherboard ?

If your Windows 10 license is linked to your Microsoft account, I don't think you need purchase a new license. There's more info and a step-by-step guide over at Microsoft's site: Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change.

For whether you'll need to do a fresh install after a motherboard change, I'm not certain. My apologies. 😅

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Just now, Eschew said:

Hey there! Warm welcome to the forums. 😁

If your Windows 10 license is linked to your Microsoft account, I don't think you need purchase a new license. There's more info and a step-by-step guide over at Microsoft's site: Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change.

For whether you'll need to do a fresh install after a motherboard change, I'm not certain. My apologies. 😅

ahhh alrighty then ^^ also another question can i use the wraith cooler that came with the cpu for now ? i have a aio corsair 115i rgb cooler in my nzxt case and i uhh cant find my amd bracket xD

13 minutes ago, WolfTechGaming said:

ahhh alrighty then ^^ also another question can i use the wraith cooler that came with the cpu for now ? i have a aio corsair 115i rgb cooler in my nzxt case and i uhh cant find my amd bracket xD

Pretty sure you can (for your B550 MOBO and AMD CPU, yes?). Installation should be a cakewalk (the Wraith cooler should come with pre-applied thermal paste, assuming it's new), and you can always uninstall it later when you find the mounting kit for the AIO CPU cooler. If you're reusing the AIO CPU cooler from your previous system, don't forget to reapply thermal compound.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

3 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Pretty sure you can (for your B550 MOBO and AMD CPU, yes?). Installation should be a cakewalk (the Wraith cooler should come with pre-applied thermal paste, assuming it's new), and you can always disassemble it later when you find the mounting kit for the AIO CPU cooler. If you're reusing the AIO CPU cooler from your previous system, don't forget to reapply thermal compound.

alright good ! i can only pay around 500$ for now so the cpu and motherboard is on point in the budget ^^  and thanks for answering my question :3 

now off to making my profile XD

well hello there

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Hi there I would suggest checking out 

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Hello there, Welcome to the Forums ! Greetings from Switzerland.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

7 hours ago, Gundar said:

Hi there I would suggest checking out 

Awww, thanks @Gundar!

And yes, welcome to the forum @WolfTechGaming!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!