New builds GPU seems defective? Now what?

Working on a new build for a friend and we got Windows 10 fully installed and everything seemed fine....until the system crashed. The system will start up and run for up to 10ish minutes max (sometimes much shorter) and then abruptly crash. The system will remain in this weird powered on state with the fans on the GPU spinning at high seed but nothing showing on screen until we shut the power off. I removed XMP so it wasn't that, tried older set of drivers and that didn't fix the issue. Then we took out the GPU and put it into my personal system and got identical crashes. So clearly this is something GPU related. I don't believe it's an issue of not enough power as my personal system has plenty of headroom (and his should be fine too). Is this just a case of a card being DOA? Are there any final steps I can try before contacting the manufacturer/Amazon for a return/refund/replacement?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Try putting your graphics card in your friends system, if it doesn't crash then it looks like you isolated the problem to the graphics card. 

14 hours ago, The_russian said:

Try putting your graphics card in your friends system, if it doesn't crash then it looks like you isolated the problem to the graphics card. 

I will try that later today! Seems like if the card crashed in my system then most likely it's the card right? The only other thing I could really think of is maybe both systems don't have strong enough PSUs? Mine has a 750 Watt Gold PSU though so I'd be surprised if that was the cause