Rtx 2060 enough for 1440p 144h

spale96
Go to solution Solved by Boomy Beatle,

For esports games, yeah, especially if you decide to go with lower settings. Dota 2 might have some trouble reaching 144, but if you want, try overclocking your GPU a bit to get a little extra performance.

Is rtx 2060 enough for 1440p 144hz gaming? I mostly play esport games (Dota 2 and csgo), I would pair the card with ryzen 3600 that I already have.

2 minutes ago, spale96 said:

Is rtx 2060 enough for 1440p 144hz gaming? I mostly play esport games (Dota 2 and csgo), I would pair the card with ryzen 3600 that I already have.

For lower-end games like CS, yes, but dont expect to run that on the newest triple-aaa games. For that You'd need at least a 5700xt thats decently cooled.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

For esports games, yeah, especially if you decide to go with lower settings. Dota 2 might have some trouble reaching 144, but if you want, try overclocking your GPU a bit to get a little extra performance.

It's enough to push 1440p@60 for modern AAA titles. Less graphically complex games will obviously get higher frame rates, and you can always run lower settings to squeeze out more frames. You should be able to get 144+ FPS, in anything where you actually need a hair trigger, but you may have to sacrifice some graphical fidelity to get there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I'm not sure if this helps, but if you're looking for QHD at 144hz, you can get a few AMD RX 5700 xt's on Newegg right now for 10$ off plus another $20 rebate.  No raytracing, but it should get you to the 1440p sweet spot on high-ish

1 minute ago, krissyboo222 said:

I'm not sure if this helps, but if you're looking for QHD at 144hz, you can get a few AMD RX 5700 xt's on Newegg right now for 10$ off plus another $20 rebate.  No raytracing, but it should get you to the 1440p sweet spot on high-ish

I'm from Serbia, so no Newegg for me, but thanks for a suggestion. I had a really bad experience with AMD cards, so I won't be buying any for a long time.

2 minutes ago, spale96 said:

I'm from Serbia, so no Newegg for me, but thanks for a suggestion. I had a really bad experience with AMD cards, so I won't be buying any for a long time.

Ah, my apologies.  No Newegg is rather unfortunate!  AMD has had a rough past when it comes to graphics cards, I will admit.  My RX 580 has been rock solid (but in hindsight, I suppose that card is ANCIENT by today's standards, so AMD has had time to get their act together.) but I totally get wanting an Nvidia card. 

On 7/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, krissyboo222 said:

Ah, my apologies.  No Newegg is rather unfortunate!  AMD has had a rough past when it comes to graphics cards, I will admit.  My RX 580 has been rock solid (but in hindsight, I suppose that card is ANCIENT by today's standards, so AMD has had time to get their act together.) but I totally get wanting an Nvidia card. 

I bought 2060 super just to be sure (and buy Nvidia if you can, amd cards suck.. :D)

On 7/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, Brok3n But who cares? said:

For lower-end games like CS, yes, but dont expect to run that on the newest triple-aaa games. For that You'd need at least a 5700xt thats decently cooled.

You think a 5700xt even with liquid nitrogen could run the latest aaa games at 1440p 144hz lol  ?

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Depends on what settings you want and how high FPS.

But since you want to play fast paced games, I would stick to 1080p with that setup if that was me, but you should be able to pull alrightish FPS on 1440p even more so if you just go for lower settings.

I reckon it is all about what you want. But it will do fine for general 1440p gaming.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, Ebony Falcon said:

You think a 5700xt even with liquid nitrogen could run the latest aaa games at 1440p 144hz lol  ?

It totally can If you're willing to sacrifice the settings. low settings 1440p 144hz should run pretty near to 144 fps consistently. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

On 8/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, spale96 said:

I bought 2060 super just to be sure (and buy Nvidia if you can, amd cards suck.. :D)

Congrats on your purchase! The 2060 super is a great card! 

I mean, AMD cards don't necessarily suck.  The rx 570 is still the budget graphics card to beat.  The rx 5600 xt forced the 2060 down in price because of its great performance per dollar.  AMD just has a history of releasing products in a state that is less polished than nvidia, but they still work hard to try and polish them up as they go.  The rx 5700 xt for the right price is a godsend to any gamers that want great performance for a cheap price, especially considering how bad budget Nvidia cards are made.

Im an Nvidia fan too.  But dismissing a competitors products as "they suck" doesnt do anyone any favors. 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:21 AM, krissyboo222 said:

Congrats on your purchase! The 2060 super is a great card! 

I mean, AMD cards don't necessarily suck.  The rx 570 is still the budget graphics card to beat.  The rx 5600 xt forced the 2060 down in price because of its great performance per dollar.  AMD just has a history of releasing products in a state that is less polished than nvidia, but they still work hard to try and polish them up as they go.  The rx 5700 xt for the right price is a godsend to any gamers that want great performance for a cheap price, especially considering how bad budget Nvidia cards are made.

Im an Nvidia fan too.  But dismissing a competitors products as "they suck" doesnt do anyone any favors. 

Yeah you are right actually, because of amd rtx cards are cheaper now