Upgrading My Dual Monitor Setup

LeonardK

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice in purchasing two new monitors.

Right now I'm using two 22" 1680/1050 displays from different manufacturers, both of relatively low quality.

I work at the computer a lot and so I'm looking to update both in size and resolution.

1. I'm looking for 24"-27" monitors with resolutions 1080p or if possible 1440p.

2. I do play games, but they are not a focus for me and thus response-time is not an important factor. 

3. I do a fair bit of screencasts, so an aspect ratio of 16/9 would be helpful.

4. I do not need them to function as a USB hub like the ones from Dell always seem to do.

5. A high height and/or adjustable height would be appreciated.

6. Since I'm running a dual monitor setup, relatively thin margins on the sides would be nice.

7. My price range is anywhere from 150-400€ per device. That equates to about $525 per display.
    If these demands can already be met at a lower price point I would be happy to choose that option.

8. If you think I'm missing anything here that I should be concerned with, please let me know so that I can make a better decision.

I'm a Technical Director, meaning I provide technical tools for artists, so the new displays don't need to be color proof, but having decent color accuracy would be helpful.

I feel kind of guilty just asking here, because I usually always do my own research, but it's hard to get a good idea of which purchase has the best value when you haven't paid attention to a market in so long.

I hope that there is someone on the forum here who knows what's up and can give me some good suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

TLDR:

Looking for ~27" 1440p monitor with good image and a high height.

Don't care about response-time, passthrough or USB hub functionality.

Looking for a monitor with those specs and good value.

TLDR:

Looking for ~27" 1440p monitor with good image and a high height.

Don't care about response-time, passthrough or USB hub functionality.

Looking for a monitor with those specs and good value.

Are you looking for 1080p or 1440p? Your posts are conflicting with each other (you might want to just edit your original post next time).

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Are you looking for 1080p or 1440p? Your posts are conflicting with each other (you might want to just edit your original post next time).

Edited it.

In my original post I wrote that I'm looking for "1080p or ideally higher".

I've been looking around and 1440p doesn't seem too expensive anymore and given the fact that I want 27" screens it is probably a good thing to focus on, since with 1080p the pixel density might get too low.

Edited it.

In my original post I wrote that I'm looking for "1080p or ideally higher".

I've been looking around and 1440p doesn't seem too expensive anymore and given the fact that I want 27" screens it is probably a good thing to focus on, since with 1080p the pixel density might get too low.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1130704&p_id=9579&seq=1&format=2

I will mention (even though it's 1080p) that Linus just unboxed the ASUS MX279H 27" 1920x1080 monitor: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=79445&promoid=1280

GW2: Vettexl.9726

The CrystalPro one looks great, but unfortunately I can't get that model here in Europe (Germany to be specific).

I really like the looks and the thin bevel of the one Linus reviewed, but I'm questioning if going to 1080p is really worth the upgrade.

There also seem to be a lot of very bad user experiences with the ASUS one on the net.

A lot of issues with very uneven back-lighting and ghosting.

If I can't find an equivalent of the CrystalPro which is available in Europe I might go ahead and get a Dell U2713HM: http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-u2713hm/4505-3174_7-35472876.html

Which is available for about 470€ here in Germany.

More than I wanted to spend, but I would rather spend 200-300€ more for the two screens than make an investment that I'm not going to be happy with in the long run.

If you're fine with 1200p (16:10) get a couple of Dell U2412M's, if not get the Dell U2713HM's as you already suggested yourself. :)

Hm, I'm close to pulling the trigger on the 27" Dell, but I'm going to do some more research first.

Can anyone recommend a halfway decent 27" 1440p display which unlike the CrystalPro is available in Europe?

I'm thankful for all kinds of suggestions.

@Hans Christian

I don't mind 1200p, but both 1200p AND only 24" is kind of a turnoff, even at only 250EUR.