Next Up Hero + Tacoma FREE on Epic Games July 23rd + 20XX + Barony + Superbrothers S&S EP July 30th

Paul Rudd

Next Up Hero FREE on Epic Games July 23rd. 65 Mixed reviews. Steam link.

nextup222.gif.4a52cc5faf3dd5d3e5333239a3dddcfa.gif

Tacoma FREE on Epic Games July 23rd. 2,022 Very Positive reviews. Steam link.

tacoma3333.gif.baffb52c65ee817b94f2897a2b8ad375.gif

20XX FREE on Epic Games NEXT THURSDAY, July 30th. 3,014 Very Positive reviews. Steam link.

20xx1.gif.4963be728b76f6f4a1303b4932407a86.gif

Barony FREE on Epic Games NEXT THURSDAY, July 30th. 1,588 Very Positive reviews. Steam link.

barony.gif.5beb2275ba0b77d9485666291ea5a9bb.gif

Superbrothers S&S EP FREE on Epic Games NEXT THURSDAY, July 30th. 1,205 Mostly Positive reviews. Steam link.

superbrothers1.gif.66d9bd893d436a4245e256c1055c51c2.gif

2 hours ago, Polemical said:

I would be much more interested in this than the actual game. Skip this week.

Looking at Superbrothers it seems to basically be an album with a game attached to it... which is... interesting as a concept I suppose. According to Steam it takes influences from actual lunar cycles and seems to consistently ask you to twat things, so I'm sure that'll be fun.

Here's a positive Steam review that consists solely of negative aspects.

Spoiler

Recommendation out of the way, this game commits two egregious design sins: Firstly, it tells the player "hey maybe stop playing for a while" 20 minutes into the game. Based on the steam achievement percentages, this seems largely responsible for why 90% of players did not even begin chapter 2. Secondly, the game gates progress (not like cosmetic stuff or side quests but ACTUAL STORY PROGRESS) behind real-world time events, and until you figure this out, only obtusely alludes to this. Changing your clock will work however it will also affect your achievements if the game detects you doing so. It will tell you at the beginning of chapter 3 "this next part is supposed to take at least one lunar month" however the entire game straight through is about 3 hours, so, I don't know why they would anticipate gamers putting up with figuring out this puzzle, obeying the rules, and coming back at designated times for ~20 minutes of gameplay all the while remembering why and what they were doing that for. The puzzles and dialogue are great and made me want to keep playing but man what a bizarre mechanic to run everything by.

#Muricaparrotgang

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I would be much more interested in this than the actual game.

Same, I can't lie, I was a little disappointed when I clicked the link and realized the game wasn't about trucks rock climbing lol.

Edit:

Capture.thumb.JPG.71b5f0066f64e52e8c9306073212e55b.JPG

The specifications for 20XX are hilarious hahaha.

Windows 7, maybe even higher than 7 xD

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

10 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Two toaster processors or better... Any card made in the last 5 years xD

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

it seems to basically be an album with a game attached to it... which is... interesting as a concept I suppose

That sounds very interesting actually. Not sure how to exactly think of how that is gonna play out. I haven't looked into Superbrothers at all so I'll go into it blind. I really like the art style of the only image I have of the game in my mind(the gif above).

24 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Same, I can't lie, I was a little disappointed when I clicked the link and realized the game wasn't about trucks rock climbing lol.

If you want rock crawling you can look into BeamNG Drive.

As to the specs, pretty much.

12 minutes ago, Polemical said:

That sounds very interesting actually. Not sure how to exactly think of how that is gonna play out. I haven't looked into Superbrothers at all so I'll go into it blind. I really like the art style of the only image I have of the game in my mind(the gif above).

It seems to look okay, but it also seems like it's a lot of slow backtracking and a mobile port. The fact that it locks things off for potentially up to a month to finish a 3 hour game is pretty insane. Neat ideas are fun if they don't completely ruin the experience, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Edit:

Capture.thumb.JPG.71b5f0066f64e52e8c9306073212e55b.JPG

The specifications for 20XX are hilarious hahaha.

look at my signature

what are you laughing at

*cries is pentium*

*installs 20xx and plays while crying*

😕

On 7/23/2020 at 8:03 AM, Polemical said:

Oh thank God I'm not the only one 🤣🤣