Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thab

Router with GPON port

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

can anyone suggest me a good router (netgear or something nice) with a gpon port?

below is an example of a gpon port for anyone who might not know by the name.

thank you.

nanog-features-poe1-2x.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thab said:

can anyone suggest me a good router (netgear or something nice) with a gpon port?

below is an example of a gpon port for anyone who might not know by the name.

thank you.

nanog-features-poe1-2x.jpg

Yeah.... Don't think you can buy that buddy. Generally when it comes to fiber, you're stuck with what they give you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
58 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah.... Don't think you can buy that buddy. Generally when it comes to fiber, you're stuck with what they give you. 

thats sad. the huawei router doesnt give me much control as i would like. any suggestions?

i want to limit data usage for some users, and kick users that i dont want on the wifi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thab said:

thats sad. the huawei router doesnt give me much control as i would like. any suggestions?

i want to limit data usage for some users, and kick users that i dont want on the wifi.

Set it to bridge mode and put a better router on the network. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's your ISP? Mine is Centurylink and the Installer showed me how to handle the cable and what to do if I ever change my ONT. And if I were to, the one you are showing. That's what I am doing. Either of the Ubiquiti unit are routers. The only problem would be if these would interface with your ISPs OLT.

 

Model Comparison

 
Display -
Power Input 24V passive 24V passive PoE or Micro-USB Power Adapter
Networking Interface GPON (SC/APC), Ethernet (RJ45) GPON (SC/APC), Ethernet (RJ45)
Operation Mode Bridge or Router (router mode is supported in firmware version 2.0 and higher) Bridge or Router (router mode is supported in firmware version 2.0 and higher)
Supported OLTs UFiber OLT, UFiber OLT 4,
list of supported third-party OLTs
UFiber OLT, UFiber OLT 4,
list of supported third-party OLTs
     
     
     
     
     
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×