A Titan Black that is.... Black?

Oshino Shinobu

So, when the Titan Black was released, I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't actually black (like many other people). So I decided to make mine actually black (:

At first I thought I would have to take the entire cooler off to get to the metal parts, but it turns out that with a load of screws, the metal parts just come off on their own. I was originally planning on changing the GeForce logo to a different colour, but after turning it black, I like how the green looks. 

I decided not to make it a log or anything becuase it's literally just taking out screws, painting and then putting it back together. Also, I am by no means an experienced painter or modder, so there are imperfections. I'm pretty happy with how it came out in the end, and you're not going to see any imperfections once it's in the case. 

Picture time! Hope you like it. 

The insides of a Titan Black, if anyone was interested. 

EDIT: There are parts where it looks like there are tiny chips in the paint, but these are small bits of fluff/dust. They come off if you blow them away, but the black shows every tiny spec of dust. There is one bit where the paint is slightly chipped, but I may go over it later on. 

DNHRSWw.jpg

WgJUWUG.jpg

oyKt5Wb.jpg

IWf8TW2.jpg

VQjTVZR.jpg

GGURrQL.jpg

xklBaHz.jpg

That looks amazing! Nice work!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

mmm sexy :) you should check @paultan gtx690 though

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

You've done decent job at painting the card, btw nice that you've putted it in to a mod log  ;)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Wow, that's pretty nice. I wish the standard card was more like this, maybe with the text a different colour to make it stand out.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

wow i honestly didnt think i was going to like the titan black edition if it was actually black but seeing that the black actually looks really good.

wow i honestly didnt think i was going to like the titan black edition if it was actually black but seeing that the black actually looks really good.

I've seen a Titan painted black, but they painted the screws as well which I think made it too dark. I liked how the silver stands out more on the black. 

Awesome job mate! Saw it on Kitguru's Facebook page. Have to say I'm impressed how well it came out!

What did you use to spray/paint it I think I might give it a shot with my 780 ti

I used Pasti-Kote matt black all purpose spray. The metal holds it really well without any sanding or anything. It took me 4 light coats to get it finished, but I missed a little bit, so it really only takes 3. 

im going to sell all of my computer and do this just to look at it and bask in glory

I used Pasti-Kote matt black all purpose spray. The metal holds it really well without any sanding or anything. It took me 4 light coats to get it finished, but I missed a little bit, so it really only takes 3. 

Ah right you should really think about doing the LED mod it looks quite simple but its not something I would be up to right now, I just asked about the colour change and was told a resounding NO after I spent over £500 on my card D:

Have you noticed a change in your temps? I've always been curious if it was just marketing or if paint really made a difference. I've seen advertisements for how thin the paint is applied to rad fins so it doesn't hurt performance, and they sell specially thin paint for car radiators.

Have you noticed a change in your temps? I've always been curious if it was just marketing or if paint really made a difference. I've seen advertisements for how thin the paint is applied to rad fins so it doesn't hurt performance, and they sell specially thin paint for car radiators.

I haven't painted the fins. It's literally just the metal casing for the cooler, so there's no difference in temperatures at all. 

I haven't painted the fins. It's literally just the metal casing for the cooler, so there's no difference in temperatures at all. 

Yeah, I feel dumb now, I forgot that the fins were actually black on it.  :lol:

Awesome job man!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO CPU: Intel I7 4770k@4.25GHZ Cooler: Corsair H80i GPU: ASUS DIRECTCU II GTX 780ti RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB 2133MHz SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB HDD:Seagate 1TB SSHD 8GB cache Mouse:Corsair M65 Gunmetal Black Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

-Snip-

Dang it looks like it turned out great! Nice job man! Now show us a pic of it in your PC with all its glory!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

ur a crazy person for doing that!! but looks amazing