Recomendation for 2500$ PC

Budget (including currency): 

2500USD MAY GO A BIT HIGHER 

POLAND 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Games: Rust, my summer car(don’t laugh), pubg , fortnite.

Streaming and quite a bit of 3D design

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Of course I would like it rgb. Don’t worry about the pc case as I will make a custom one. Also would prefer it to be water cooled. I don’t need any extra peripherals. Currently I have an ASUS TUF FX 504 series laptop which overheats in games like pubg and fortnite, as well as civilisation. It has huge frame rate drops when designing in 3D. I bought a cooling stand for it but it doesn’t help a whole lot even though it is said to be very good. I certainly do not have any viruses causing it as I scanned it with avast like ten times.

Any tips from Linus Tech Tips will be very appreciated :).

What design apps? (it can be critical)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

honestly you don't need to spend 2500 on this. you could easily spend 1500 and have a very similar experience. Unless you are working with MASSIVE 3d files or endcoding your streams into lots of different formats there is no reason to spend this much. It might be (future proof) but besides those reasons I would get something like a 2070 with a 3900x and spend the money else where. or if you really don't like money you can just give it to me ;)

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What design apps? (it can be critical)

Blender, 123d design, sketch up also I meant custom water cooling 

1 minute ago, Bsaka said:

Blender, 123d design, sketch up also I meant custom water cooling 

That will cost minimum $500. 

Air cooling performs at similar levels for much cheaper, greatly improved reliability and added silence. 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

That will cost minimum $500. 

Air cooling performs at similar levels for much cheaper, greatly improved reliability and added silence. 

Ok so what do you propose for air cooling?

Just now, Bsaka said:

Ok so what do you propose for air cooling?

Dark Rock Pro 4, NH-D15 Chromax Black, Scuthe Mugen Rev.5 B. 

Dark Rock Pro 4, NH-D15 Chromax Black, Scuthe Mugen Rev.5 B. 

Why is water cooling worse?

Just now, Bsaka said:

Why is water cooling worse?

4 minutes ago, gloop said:

Custom watercooling is project stuff and would require design of the loop. Each fitting costs separately though there are kits I suppose.  Decent prebuilt custom watercooled  setups tend to be fearsomely expensive though I heard of one done for $100 in parts.  Dude used a lot of chinese parts and macguyvering. Took him over a year.  There’s a lot of hand work in custom watercooling.  It’s called custom for a reason.

The posted builds aren’t bad, but they may be short on memory.  how much memory you will need will depend on project size.  The free air cooler that comes with the 3900x (not the xt) works adequately.  I like the second one over the first one myself.  Parts vary widely in cost and acessibility lately so pricing is quite hard. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

How about a watercooled cpu and rest air cooled? I mean honestly I don’t want a huge fan on the top of my cpu. It’s just ugly. 

How about a watercooled cpu and rest air cooled? I mean honestly I don’t want a huge fan on the top of my cpu. It’s just ugly. 

I mean, looks are subjective. 

If just prefer to not have a liquid near my PC which uses electronic components. 

I’ve made my points for air cooling but since you seem set on watercooling, I can’t really help you further as I’m not knowledgeable in the subject. 

Enjoy your build :)!

That doesn’t change the custom loop problem. AIO water coolers become easier though.  An AIO cooler looks like a block on the cpu with a couple hoses trailing from it.  They tend to be less reliable than air but easier to install which is why reviewers use them a lot.

Wow such a high budget you could easily take that down by a lot, you don’t really have a heavy workload

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That doesn’t change the custom loop problem. AIO water coolers become easier though.  An AIO cooler looks like a block on the cpu with a couple hoses trailing from it.  They tend to be less reliable than air but easier to install which is why reviewers use them a lot.

If you want a minimalistic look on your motherboard would you prefer a huge fan on the top of cpu or like a Corsair h100i?

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Wow such a high budget you could easily take that down by a lot, you don’t really have a heavy workload

I never built a pc before. Last time I spent a 1000$ on a laptop and you can see what kind of problems I have after only 1.5 years. I want to make a safe setup to last me at least 6 years 

If you want a minimalistic look on your motherboard would you prefer a huge fan on the top of cpu or like a Corsair h100i?

I’m biased. I like machines I don’t have to fiddle with or worry about them suddenly dying so I’ll take air every time unless the cpu is so hot air won’t cut it (which can happen but hasn’t in years)  people do choose AIOs over air for aesthetics though.  I’m just not one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Bsaka said:

I never built a pc before. Last time I spent a 1000$ on a laptop and you can see what kind of problems I have after only 1.5 years. I want to make a safe setup to last me at least 6 years 

Well a pc doesn’t last and getting a PC for the price of that lapop gives you better performance and desktops you can upgrade wouldn’t do a high budget system the first build things fan go wrong

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well a pc doesn’t last and getting a PC for the price of that lapop gives you better performance and desktops you can upgrade wouldn’t do a high budget system the first build things fan go wrong

Of course I will have an experienced helper to tell me how to do what like Linus helps people in rig reboot, so nothing should go wrong. I mean that I need a pc that I can rely on for at least 6 years. I know that pc give better performances than laptops which is the reason I want to change to it.

5 minutes ago, Bsaka said:

Of course I will have an experienced helper to tell me how to do what like Linus helps people in rig reboot, so nothing should go wrong. I mean that I need a pc that I can rely on for at least 6 years. I know that pc give better performances than laptops which is the reason I want to change to it.

That 6 years thing may not be possible.  Intel had an effective monopoly for a long time and sandbagged on development.  Those days are gone though I’ve got a ten year old cpu in my computer that still works ok, but it’s had 2 motherboards and at least 3 different graphics card in it in that time.  When I bought my cpu it was the fastest thing that could be had.  Now there are chips sol for $100 new that can beat it.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

That 6 years thing may not be possible.  Intel had an effective monopoly for a long time and sandbagged on development.  Those days are gone though I’ve got a ten year old cpu in my computer that still works ok, but it’s had 2 motherboards and at least 3 different graphics card in it in that time.

Are water coolers for CPU’s silent?

13 minutes ago, Bsaka said:

Are water coolers for CPU’s silent?

Nothing is totally silent.  AIOs tend to be overpowered so their fans can be quieter.  They have the pump though and if there’s a bubble in the line they can be quite loud.  One of the big advantages of custom water imho is the ability to deal with bubbles.  An overpowerd air cooler can be done too.  Big air coolers are big though.  Like that dark rock pro4 mentioned earlier. On the whole if you get an AIO with no bubbles (which has never happened to me despite trying several times) it will be marginally quieter than equivalent air.  The big trick is fans don’t have linear sound profiles there’s a point beyond which they make nearly no noise at all. If you get a big enough air cooler and a small enough cpu you can have silent fan with no pump at which point air is quieter. 3900x is too big for that though.

33 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Nothing is totally silent.  AIOs tend to be overpowered so their fans can be quieter.  They have the pump though and if there’s a bubble in the line they can be quite loud.  One of the big advantages of custom water imho is the ability to deal with bubbles.  An overpowerd air cooler can be done too.  Big air coolers are big though.  Like that dark rock pro4 mentioned earlier. On the whole if you get an AIO with no bubbles (which has never happened to me despite trying several times) it will be marginally quieter than equivalent air.  The big trick is fans don’t have linear sound profiles there’s a point beyond which they make nearly no noise at all. If you get a big enough air cooler and a small enough cpu you can have silent fan with no pump at which point air is quieter. 3900x is too big for that though.

Don’t you think that for running for example gta v a better cpu would be needed?