rgb strip has 3 pin connector but the 4 pin rgb cord has 4 pin strip connector

BigRecoiilz

I just received the Alitove rgb led strips in the mail and i plugged my 4 pin rgb connector in my 4 pin rgb header on my mobo. i realized that the rgb strips has some 3 pin connector but the other end of the 4 pin rgb connector has some 4 pin connector for the strips. how do i connect my rgb strips??

Can you share some pics of everything in the kit?

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/

-> Moved to Case Modding and other Mods

Please tell which exact kit. They have everything from 5V to 12V to 24V. You can seriously blow up stuff by connecting things without any research.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Case Modding and other Mods

Please tell which exact kit. They have everything from 5V to 12V to 24V. You can seriously blow up stuff by connecting things without any research.

This is the kit right here

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Motherboard-Computer-Lighting-Gigabyte/dp/B07SG21T17/ref=sr_1_14?crid=13GABUEXPAW4I&dchild=1&keywords=alitove+led+strip+lights&qid=1595438047&sprefix=alitove+%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-14

i have a 4 pin rgb header on my mobo and this connector is a 4 pin rgb. it's the connectors on the strips themselves that aren't compatible with the other end of the 4 pin rgb connector

1 minute ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

This is the kit right here

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Motherboard-Computer-Lighting-Gigabyte/dp/B07SG21T17/ref=sr_1_14?crid=13GABUEXPAW4I&dchild=1&keywords=alitove+led+strip+lights&qid=1595438047&sprefix=alitove+%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-14

i have a 4 pin rgb header on my mobo and this connector is a 4 pin rgb. it's the connectors on the strips themselves that aren't compatible with the other end of the 4 pin rgb connector

that's a 4 pin jst-sm connector you need and adapter

looks like it come with the adapter thow?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

that's a 4 pin jst-sm connector you need and adapter

looks like it come with the adapter thow?

This is the configuration right here. I did not see an adapter in the box it came in. I can attach pictures if you want.

=====strip====3pin <--> 4pin========cable=====4pin <--> motherboard

2 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

This is the configuration right here. I did not see an adapter in the box it came in. I can attach pictures if you want.

well the pic shows it comes with the addaptor.... unless you got a diffrent set of strips...

also i dont get why there a 3 pin there that kit you linked is rgb and uses 4 pins...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

here the adapter if you need to buy a new one...

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

here the adapter if you need to buy a new one...

I'm saying that the rgb strips has a 3 pin connector the but the 4 pin rgb connector for the motherboard has a 4 pin rgb and a 4 pin M4P. the M4P can't connect to the 3 pin 4gb strips themselves

3 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

I'm saying that the rgb strips has a 3 pin connector the but the 4 pin rgb connector for the motherboard has a 4 pin rgb and a 4 pin M4P. the M4P can't connect to the 3 pin 4gb strips themselves

if thats the case then the link you sent in not the right link. what you linked is 12v rgb 4 pin strips and your telling me you got 3 pin argb strips? i need to no what strips you got to help... plz send a pic of the strips or i cant help.

3 pins 5v argb strips wont work with 4pin 12v rgb mb header

Edited by thrasher_565

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

if thats the case then the link you sent in not the right link. what you linked is 12v rgb 4 pin strips and your telling me you got 3 pin argb strips? i need to no what strips you got to help... plz send a pic of the strips or i cant help.

Ok, I will send the pictures in a second

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

3 pins 5v argb strips wont work with 4pin 12v rgb mb header

sorry for the bad quality pics, my iPhone recently broke so it doesnt work temporarily.

=====strip====3pin <--> 4pin========cable=====4pin <--> motherboardScreenshot_2020-07-22-12-40-50.thumb.png.b9d07a67f7cc52b09d1fc9062fe6f04e.pngScreenshot_2020-07-22-12-41-38.thumb.png.8b766d70ac524c749df2440caaed1f5e.pngScreenshot_2020-07-22-12-42-48.thumb.png.6809976787941f17976ea44324fa1920.png

20 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

sorry for the bad quality pics, my iPhone recently broke so it doesnt work temporarily.

That 3pin looks like its from another kit. If its soldered to strip, there must have been mixup before packing the kit. I would contact Amazon and get it switched to complete kit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

=====strip====3pin <--> 4pin========cable=====4pin <--> motherboardScreenshot_2020-07-22-12-40-50.thumb.png.b9d07a67f7cc52b09d1fc9062fe6f04e.pngScreenshot_2020-07-22-12-41-38.thumb.png.8b766d70ac524c749df2440caaed1f5e.pngScreenshot_2020-07-22-12-42-48.thumb.png.6809976787941f17976ea44324fa1920.png

ya the strip must have been a mix up or something. like LogicalDrm said

return it if you can or get another 4pin 12v rgb strip with the jst-sm connector or get different set of strips all together.