Thinking of returning 5600 XT.

Whateverchan
1 minute ago, Whateverchan said:

I have 3600. 

So now we conclude it's the card and not the RAM or PSU? It's going back, regardless. 

It could still be RAM or power supply, don't get me wrong, but the bsod makes me think it's a defective GPU or VRAM.

But I'd the power supply is going outside ATX spec or is being unstable in rapid succession, this could be the result. Same for unstable memory. Only way to test is to RMA the card and try the new one.

On 7/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, Whateverchan said:

Already did. Thank god the Amazon customer support was easy. Might not have been the case if it was BH or Newegg. Now I'm looking at 1660 Super/TI or EVGA 2060.

I'm not speaking for everyone here but Amazon has a pretty good return policy.

On 7/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, Whateverchan said:

Already did. Thank god the Amazon customer support was easy. Might not have been the case if it was BH or Newegg. Now I'm looking at 1660 Super/TI or EVGA 2060.

It's very strange that I'm reading about so many problems with the Radeon GPU's (mainly the 5700xt's) I have a 5700 and my friend has a 5700xt and we haven't experienced ANY of these issues...I even have mine overclocked and everything works without a hitch.

I wonder if it has to do with the manufacturer BIOS?

Amazons policy is fortunately awesome

RMA, get an Nvidia :) 

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

14 hours ago, steelo said:

It's very strange that I'm reading about so many problems with the Radeon GPU's (mainly the 5700xt's) I have a 5700 and my friend has a 5700xt and we haven't experienced ANY of these issues...I even have mine overclocked and everything works without a hitch.

I wonder if it has to do with the manufacturer BIOS?

It's pretty luck-based, from what I can see. I heard about AMD cards having some sort of drivers issue, but didn't know how bad it was. I took a gamble and I lost. Even someone else who thought about switching to 5700 didn't know how widespread it is until I asked him to help troubleshoot. Think of it like this: 2 out of 5 people who eat this meal will die. It's cheap and delicious, though. Will you take the risk?

14 hours ago, Abhayy said:

I'm not speaking for everyone here but Amazon has a pretty good return policy.

13 hours ago, Zberg said:

Amazons policy is fortunately awesome

RMA, get an Nvidia :) 

I just hope it's not going to jeopardize my account after making 2-3 returns in a few weeks. Long story short, this wasn't something I expected to have to return.

I also just found out that the 3600 doesn't have integrated GPU, so I won't be able to use my PC without a GPU. Goddamn it... So no waiting for sales for me. T_T Probably gonna get a 1660 Super MSI X from Bestbuy, stick with 1080p for a few more years, and hope 4k is more affordable eventually. *Sigh* I had high hope for this build, beating PS5 and all that...