Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a surface laptop and I am trying to install Linux onto it, however no matter what I do it won't install. I flashed PureOS onto a large enough USB drive, disabled Secure Boot and TPM, as well as disabling all boot options except USB storage and I am at a loss with what else I need to do. Every time it's about to boot it restarts and goes back to the Surface UEFI screen or before I disabled the other boot options would just go straight to windows even while USB storage was put above it. if any of you can help I would really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, The I-Cock Plus said:

why pureos?  I'd try ubuntu or some other distro that is more likely to have the closed-source drivers that a surface laptop would probably need...

I've done a good amount of research and it is the most secure for what I want to do, however, if you think I have better chances with Ubuntu or Mint I would definitely be up to try an alternative.

10 minutes ago, B1zzy said:

I have a surface laptop and I am trying to install Linux onto it, however no matter what I do it won't install

Some surface devices run hardware that will require special OS support, such as ARM.

Are you sure that the distro you're installing supports your devices hardware configuration?

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

17 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Some surface devices run hardware that will require special OS support, such as ARM.

Are you sure that the distro you're installing supports your devices hardware configuration?

I'm not 100% sure, where can i find this?

31 minutes ago, B1zzy said:

I'm not 100% sure, where can i find this?

What model of surface device do you use?

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

- Thread moved to Linux, macOS and oh god this is a long subforum name.

Thank you, my mistake