I have a surface laptop and I am trying to install Linux onto it, however no matter what I do it won't install. I flashed PureOS onto a large enough USB drive, disabled Secure Boot and TPM, as well as disabling all boot options except USB storage and I am at a loss with what else I need to do. Every time it's about to boot it restarts and goes back to the Surface UEFI screen or before I disabled the other boot options would just go straight to windows even while USB storage was put above it. if any of you can help I would really appreciate it.

why pureos?  I'd try ubuntu or some other distro that is more likely to have the closed-source drivers that a surface laptop would probably need...

1 minute ago, The I-Cock Plus said:

why pureos?  I'd try ubuntu or some other distro that is more likely to have the closed-source drivers that a surface laptop would probably need...

I've done a good amount of research and it is the most secure for what I want to do, however, if you think I have better chances with Ubuntu or Mint I would definitely be up to try an alternative.

10 minutes ago, B1zzy said:

I have a surface laptop and I am trying to install Linux onto it, however no matter what I do it won't install

Some surface devices run hardware that will require special OS support, such as ARM.

Are you sure that the distro you're installing supports your devices hardware configuration?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

17 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Some surface devices run hardware that will require special OS support, such as ARM.

Are you sure that the distro you're installing supports your devices hardware configuration?

I'm not 100% sure, where can i find this?

31 minutes ago, B1zzy said:

I'm not 100% sure, where can i find this?

What model of surface device do you use?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

- Thread moved to Linux, macOS and oh god this is a long subforum name.

Thank you, my mistake