Torchlight II FREE on Epic Games July 16th + Next Up Hero + Tacoma FREE July 23rd

Paul Rudd

Torchlight 2 might be okay, but these past few weeks have been pretty mediocre. Already got Tacoma and was very unimpressed with it. I remember literally nothing about it outside being upset that there's massively overweight people in a space station. It's also made by the empty lesbian house simulator devs, so there's lesbians and poor story here too.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Torchlight 2 might be okay, but these past few weeks have been pretty mediocre. Already got Tacoma and was very unimpressed with it. I remember literally nothing about it outside being upset that there's massively overweight people in a space station. It's also made by the empty lesbian house simulator devs, so there's lesbians and poor story here too.

I noticed this too but I'm not really complaining at all because Epic continuously gives out free games. You didn't like Lifeless Planet? It is a 2014 title but I love it to death. It's not gonna ya' know, wow the hell out of ya', but back when I played it in I'd say 2017, I really enjoyed it for what it is. It's a different type of game and I think what I like most about it is that it's so quiet and the use of sound and music I really liked. And how what you encounter exactly, is just out of the blue kind of stuff.

I haven't touched Tacoma yet I remember claiming it for free years ago. Is it even worth starting up?

Torchlight games are fun as hell! The first game could use a little better AA(I dunno if I had it off or on low or something) but I remember the AA standing out just like Diablo III's AA does. Just this subtle obviously noticeable jaggies goin' on that's like this tiny irritation that I can't help but notice the entire time I play. Other than that, the game play is solid.

I'm actually wondering about Next Up Hero at the moment simply because it's the type of game that you can easily overlook. I've been playing a lot of similar games like it lately so I need to make sure to give it a chance before I load up other types of games.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, Polemical said:

I haven't touched Tacoma yet I remember claiming it for free years ago. Is it even worth starting up?

Torchlight games are fun as hell! The first game could use a little better AA(I dunno if I had it off or on low or something) but I remember the AA standing out just like Diablo III's AA does. Just this subtle obviously noticeable jaggies goin' on that's like this tiny irritation that I can't help but notice the entire time I play. Other than that, the game play is solid.

Lifeless planet is a pretty ugly and boring walking sim with a very minimal story. Don't remember much about it other than it being super boring.

Tacoma I 100% did not enjoy. Then again, I also didn't like Gone Home. I also don't care what anyone says, I don't like having minorities shoved into games, which Fullbright is very proud of doing. It was actually like a big story point or something. I don't know. I remember it being very boring and none of the characters or their stories are interesting and I seriously can't remember anything else and I got it like... last year?

I put a good amount of time into the first one until I cleared the first are and opened the second, and then just... immediately lost interest I guess.

Edited by LogicalDrm
Neutralized

#Muricaparrotgang

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing Torchlight 2, really fun cartoony RPG. Would highly recommend!