1 minute ago, Jessy20071 said:
Hi fellow pc enthusiasts
my question is is my pc bottle necked
amd phenom 2 x4 955 (normal edition)
Gtx 1050ti 4gb
16gb ddr3 1600 memory
550 watt power supply
and 1 hdd
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Every system will have a bottleneck somewhere, depending on the task at hand. This is what limits FPS.
For an average gaming load, we need to know the approximate age of the games (specific games would be even better!), resolution, and refresh rate, and the settings you want to play at.
You can also check this yourself by logging using a software like HWiNFO:
- High CPU utilization, low GPU utilization: CPU is holding the system.
- Equal, high utilization: System is balanced, and working hard.
- Low CPU utilization, High GPU utilization: GPU is holding the system.
Both low, it gets complicated. It could be:
- Memory is full, and swapping to disk is holding it
- Game is only single threaded, look for high CPU core utilizations, but low overall usage
- Game engine is unoptimized, and cannot use the hardware effectively at your settings
- etc, etc.