Samsung 860 Evo

Eurydyce
Go to solution Solved by Tiberiusisgame,

I own a few of these drives and I just took a look at the label on two of them. My larger capactiy Samsung EVO was made in Korea. My small capacity EVO was made in China. Both of these drives are several years old.

The performance difference is not dependent on the country of origin, but on the chip manufacturing process. SLC, MLC, TLC, etc. If you're worried about the performance of an SSD, run Crystal Mark and check it against known metrics for your drive.

Hey guys. I just wanna ask if its okay to use a Samsung 860 evo that is made in China? Because I just bought one and I'm not sure if theres a performance difference between the Samsung that is made in korea. 

It's an SSD - it won't steal your data and send them to Tencent. No worries.

I own a few of these drives and I just took a look at the label on two of them. My larger capactiy Samsung EVO was made in Korea. My small capacity EVO was made in China. Both of these drives are several years old.

The performance difference is not dependent on the country of origin, but on the chip manufacturing process. SLC, MLC, TLC, etc. If you're worried about the performance of an SSD, run Crystal Mark and check it against known metrics for your drive.