no optical audio port in my new motherboard

Anas Dweik

Hello guys , i bought a new Motherboard " B450 aorus elite" and i have sennheiser rs 175 and i realized i dont have optical audio port. 

i tried to use the green audio port in the mobo but i didn't get the same quality as the optical port .  what i suppose to do ?

2 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Hello guys , i bought a new Motherboard " B450 aorus elite" and i have sennheiser rs 175 and i realized i dont have optical audio port. 

i tried to use the green audio port in the mobo but i didn't get the same quality as the optical port .  what i suppose to do ?

Buy an add-in audio card?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Buy an add-in audio card?

they are more than 100$ ? is there a cheaper ones ?

and i have 0 information about them . there is gaming for 300$ and 100$ . 

i dont understand anything about them 

2 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

they are more than 100$ ? is there a cheaper ones ?

and i have 0 information about them . there is gaming for 300$ and 100$ . 

i dont understand anything about them 

I'm sure, like anything in the computer part world, you can pay a little, or you can pay a fortune, I am not an audio master, so I can't say what you should buy to be honest, but if you have a bit of patience, I'm sure someone will come along and make a better suggestion than I ever could.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

bracket.jpg.2a880fabd1e18cb4faf46ea0b49cae61.jpg

B450 Aorus Elite has an S/PDIF Out header so you could use it with a bracket like that.

Look up SPDIF bracket on Newegg or eBay.

32 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Your board should have S/PDIF pin headers. You can use that with optical out bracket to get optical out. 

21 hours ago, Anas Dweik said:

Do better research before buying next time.

probably better and possibly cheaper to just get a usb dac then, since they seem to have 3.5mm connector as well

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

the reason it sounds worse is because optical is using the dock's built in DAC while plugging it into the green port intead utilizes your motherboard DAC which will sound different and potentially worse. you can do a couple of things. you can get a decent USB dac you can get some pretty clean sounding ones for cheap especially if your mobo has usb c. like a meizu hifi HD pro DAC or a tempotec sonata or a dosmix TPR 22. or you can get a cheap pcie solution. or something like atoppping d10 but if I had the d10 I would just use it as a dac and bypass the doc's dac as the d10 is just a better dac than the headphone DOCK

On 7/20/2020 at 1:25 AM, rice guru said:

the reason it sounds worse is because optical is using the dock's built in DAC while plugging it into the green port intead utilizes your motherboard DAC which will sound different and potentially worse. you can do a couple of things. you can get a decent USB dac you can get some pretty clean sounding ones for cheap especially if your mobo has usb c. like a meizu hifi HD pro DAC or a tempotec sonata or a dosmix TPR 22. or you can get a cheap pcie solution. or something like atoppping d10 but if I had the d10 I would just use it as a dac and bypass the doc's dac as the d10 is just a better dac than the headphone DOCK

will i get the same performance as the optical port ? + i didnt understand most of the models ur taking about .

58 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

will i get the same performance as the optical port ? + i didnt understand most of the models ur taking about .

optical is just a digital signal your dock converts the digital signal and makes it analog then transmits to the headphones wirelessly. or the dock transmits the digital signal and the headphones themselves does the conversions. the models I taked about does the conversions. from usb which is digital to 3.5mm which is analog these models should be able to do so cleaner than your motherboard thus making it sound better than you motherboard. the topping d10 is a DAC converting usb to RCA whioch can be adapted to 3.5mm, but it is also a digital to digital converter as it can convert usb to optical.