RGB Header won't fit - HELP

Today I started my first pc build, I have the corsair spec delta rgb case and gigabyte z490 aorus ultra. The spec delta came with 3 fans and I can't find a header that the rgb connector will plug into. I've tried the ones labeled LED_C1 and LED_C2 and it wouldn't go in either of them. Any advice would be great, thanks!

P.S the pictures below are the cable that comes off the 3 way rgb splitter that came connected to the fans, and the connectors on my motherboard

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

i see no reason why it cannot work.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

thats why im confused, when I put pressure on it, it goes nowhere. It fits in like halfway then stops, does it just need a lot of force?

RGB connectors feel very flimsy when the connector is on the header, it feels like its not connected at all and even the slightest pull on the cable will pull the connector from the header. That's normal.

Try plugging it in while the board is powered on to see if they light up or not.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Good idea, I'll try turning it on once when I have everything connected. I'm just putting in the PSU now. About what you said with it feeling flimsy, is it normal for the pins to only go into the connector about halfway though?

Also I have one more question, my motherboard has an 8 pin and a 4 pin connector where you plug in the cable from the psu to give power to the cpu, do I need to plug in both? Or can I just plug in the 8 pin

IMG_E0896.JPG

2 hours ago, braydenser said:

Also I have one more question, my motherboard has an 8 pin and a 4 pin connector where you plug in the cable from the psu to give power to the cpu, do I need to plug in both? Or can I just plug in the 8 pin

Thats if you need extra power for overclocking. If you are booting into BIOS, you are all good.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, braydenser said:

Today I started my first pc build, I have the corsair spec delta rgb case and gigabyte z490 aorus ultra. The spec delta came with 3 fans and I can't find a header that the rgb connector will plug into. I've tried the ones labeled LED_C1 and LED_C2 and it wouldn't go in either of them. Any advice would be great, thanks!

P.S the pictures below are the cable that comes off the 3 way rgb splitter that came connected to the fans, and the connectors on my motherboard

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

its posable that the cable was used for smaller pins like DuPont and some rgb stuff has a bit fatter pin. i no its confusing but i guess the destion was made at some point to make the pins fatter to make it bend less?

i belave back in the good old days what rgb header on mb was new there were old standers like the vdg by gigabite witch had 3 pins. but because you can plug it in backwards there must have been alot of problems with that and argb dose not like to go backwards un like rgb should be fine.

anyway they changed from 3pins too 2+1 pins 2 pins space and 1 pin so you could not plug it in back words.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 months later...

Did you find a solution? Having this problem right now in the same case, can't just leave it in as it will fall out