Thermal Throttling at ~80 celsius

Hello. A week ago i had my laptop cleaned of dust and the CPU thermal paste replaced and in the last few days i noticed in XTU that my cpu thermal throttles at around 80 clesius. This only occurs sometimes and only in XTU, while in  HWiNFO64 everything seems normal, except "IA:PROCHOT" turning to "Yes". To give you an example when this happens, today i was playing Skyrim and just as soon as my save loaded i was experiencing horrible freezes every two seconds and audio lag. From what I've read on other forums, those freezes might occur because of the VRAM. I am aware that this problem might occur in Skyrim because of the mods that i have installed, but this happens in other games too that aren't necessary very demanding, like Overwatch with everything on low . So my question is, what might cause these performance problems and thermal throttling at only 80 celsius?

I'll list below my system specs, also i use a CPU undervolt of 85mV.

Spoiler

Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz    
            Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
        RAM
            8.00GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
        Motherboard
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X580VD (U3E1)
        Graphics
            Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
            Intel HD Graphics 630 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
            4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc)    
            ForceWare version: 442.74
            SLI Disabled
        Storage
            931GB TOSHIBA MQ04ABF100 (SATA )    
        Optical Drives
            No optical disk drives detected
        Audio
            Conexant SmartAudio HD

Update the bios if one is available. 

And with a 1050 ( assuming it's a 2 gig model ) you'll 90% of times end up running out of vram and page filing. 

Check vram usage. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Update the bios if one is available. 

And with a 1050 ( assuming it's a 2 gig model ) you'll 90% of times end up running out of vram and page filing. 

Check vram usage. 

It's the 4gb model. A while ago, like 5 months or something, I tried to update my bios with Asus EZ Flash, everything went ok but might have been a dumb choice. Do you think that might cause this problem now?

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Sounds like the power delivery is overheating.

And how can i fix this?

3 minutes ago, iQuimper said:

Do you think that might cause this problem now?

Highly unlikely. Usually bios updates fix power throttling problem. 

Check vram usage again. Try cleaning the laptop. Dust it off etc. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, iQuimper said:

And how can i fix this?

You can't fix a shit design. From what I remember correctly about the XPS models, Prochoot throttling is the result of the CPU power delivery hitting 125*C and reducing CPU performance so as to not melt the power delivery on the board. It's what happens when the board design is bad and the VRMs are not cooled.

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It has just been cleaned, but i ll try to update my bios again

5 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Updated the bio, nothing's changed

5 hours ago, 5x5 said:

You can't fix a shit design. From what I remember correctly about the XPS models, Prochoot throttling is the result of the CPU power delivery hitting 125*C and reducing CPU performance so as to not melt the power delivery on the board. It's what happens when the board design is bad and the VRMs are not cooled.

So what you are saying is that i can't do anything about this problem, and just live with it?

Just now, iQuimper said:

Updated the bio, nothing's changed

Then it's probably what @5x5 said..

If that's the case. Sadly not much can be done other than maybe  directing airflow at some part of the pcb. 

Build Log: 

Just now, iQuimper said:

So what you are saying is that i can't do anything about this problem, and just live with it?

Sadly, most likely yes.

What exact model is the laptop?

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Sadly, most likely yes.

What exact model is the laptop?

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Then it's probably what @5x5 said..

If that's the case. Sadly not much can be done other than maybe  directing airflow at some part of the pcb. 

Thanks both of you for all the help so far. My laptop is an Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD

1 minute ago, iQuimper said:

Thanks both of you for all the help so far. My laptop is an Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD

Then I assume it has an HQ i5 or i7 - go into your power plan settings and set maximum CPU performance state to 99% - that'll disable Turbo boost entirely so you'll have ~2.8GHz but at least it should mitigate Asus' terrible design. Basically, this thing needs cooling on high end parts

image.png.39e610e946fd71fd1d150859ce1408ba.png

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Then I assume it has an HQ i5 or i7 - go into your power plan settings and set maximum CPU performance state to 99% - that'll disable Turbo boost entirely so you'll have ~2.8GHz but at least it should mitigate Asus' terrible design. Basically, this thing needs cooling on high end parts

image.png.39e610e946fd71fd1d150859ce1408ba.png

I understand, thank you!