Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dice52

RTX 2070 Super Death Stranding promotion

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So last week, 11th of July, I purchased a MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x trio on Amazon. At the time of purchase, the card was valid for the promotion so I should get the code for the game, right? Well, I received the card 2 days ago and it works perfectly fine. That same day I contacted Amazon support to receive my game key to redeem on Geforce Experience, and I received a 13 digit key. Not everyone might know this, but the key required has to be 24 digits. Therefore I received an invalid key. I had contacted Amazon support again yesterday in hopes of getting a new key, but was told that the only way was to purchase a new product. Quite annoyed with this I went to Nvidia support and told them of my situation, and I was admitted to that my purchase was valid for the promotion, but only the retailer could supply the keys. Therefore, I was once again told to return the product and purchase again. Now, that might seem an easy thing to do, but the thing is the card is out of stock. So now I'm stuck with a perfectly fine card, valid for the promotion, and no game key for Death Stranding, and I don't know what to do. Help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dice52 said:

So last week, 11th of July, I purchased a MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x trio on Amazon. At the time of purchase, the card was valid for the promotion so I should get the code for the game, right? Well, I received the card 2 days ago and it works perfectly fine. That same day I contacted Amazon support to receive my game key to redeem on Geforce Experience, and I received a 13 digit key. Not everyone might know this, but the key required has to be 24 digits. Therefore I received an invalid key. I had contacted Amazon support again yesterday in hopes of getting a new key, but was told that the only way was to purchase a new product. Quite annoyed with this I went to Nvidia support and told them of my situation, and I was admitted to that my purchase was valid for the promotion, but only the retailer could supply the keys. Therefore, I was once again told to return the product and purchase again. Now, that might seem an easy thing to do, but the thing is the card is out of stock. So now I'm stuck with a perfectly fine card, valid for the promotion, and no game key for Death Stranding, and I don't know what to do. Help?

did you try out the key though, even if its not 24 characters long?

 

if it still is invalid, consider going karen mode and speaking to amazon and spam their customer care number. ask nvidia to send you an email of proof that the code you recieved was incorrect, then show amazon the email

 

if nothing works, go ULTRA KAREN mode and ask to speak to the district higher ups :D


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

did you try out the key though, even if its not 24 characters long?

 

if it still is invalid, consider going karen mode and speaking to amazon and spam their customer care number. ask nvidia to send you an email of proof that the code you recieved was incorrect, then show amazon the email

 

if nothing works, go ULTRA KAREN mode and ask to speak to the district higher ups :D

I tried out the key on Geforce experience, where the "redeem" button was unclickable due to the length of the key, and I tried redeeming it on the Nvidia website where I just get "invalid code" errors. I have records of 2 different conversations with Nvidia support which both say that the code is invalid. Amazon claims it has no way of generating a new key.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dice52 said:

I tried out the key on Geforce experience, where the "redeem" button was unclickable due to the length of the key, and I tried redeeming it on the Nvidia website where I just get "invalid code" errors. I have records of 2 different conversations with Nvidia support which both say that the code is invalid. Amazon claims it has no way of generating a new key.

email amazon with this proof. if they still deny your claims, show it to nvidia. they will probably tell you what to do next


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

email amazon with this proof. if they still deny your claims, show it to nvidia. they will probably tell you what to do next

So currently I'm writing to Amazon, basically going Karn mode. Unfortunately, I received an email from Back-end nvidia support today claiming that only the retailer supplies/ give out the keys, therefore Nvidia can't get me a key. Also nvidia, like amazon, told me to buy a new product, and honestly I'm quite tempted, but theres no card in stock, and if i return it now, its quite likely I wont receive a game code due to the promotion running out

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dice52 said:

So currently I'm writing to Amazon, basically going Karn mode. Unfortunately, I received an email from Back-end nvidia support today claiming that only the retailer supplies/ give out the keys, therefore Nvidia can't get me a key. Also nvidia, like amazon, told me to buy a new product, and honestly I'm quite tempted, but theres no card in stock, and if i return it now, its quite likely I wont receive a game code due to the promotion running out

what i meant was that nvidia would tell you what to do about amazon not providing you with the code.

 

lmao threaten to file a lawsuit against amazon with nvidia backing up your claims. nvidia could even pay for your lawyer!(IM KIDDING)

 

you could consider getting the same card, but of a different cooler and then availing the same offer.

 

lemme know how ULTRA KAREN  mode works out :D


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 7/16/2020 at 3:37 PM, PoopThatTookAPee said:

what i meant was that nvidia would tell you what to do about amazon not providing you with the code.

 

lmao threaten to file a lawsuit against amazon with nvidia backing up your claims. nvidia could even pay for your lawyer!(IM KIDDING)

 

you could consider getting the same card, but of a different cooler and then availing the same offer.

 

lemme know how ULTRA KAREN  mode works out :D

All right, sorry for the delay. So to sum it up, I got the game today, the day 1 edition with steel case that they had on sale. After the last post, I sent them an email. I got a reply to that, in which they said they couldnt find any purchases linked to my email. After that, I went back to chat support, where I was "booked for a phone call". After an hour or two of mowing the lawn out back, I still hadn't received a call, and back to support I went. There I was told I was passed on to the promotion team, who would reply within two days. That day was a Thursday. On Monday I still hadn't heard from them. I went back to chat support, and was told the same thing, to wait two days, and so I did. On the third day I contacted support again, and I somehow ended up with getting a 60 pound gift card (UK) to purchase the game with so I got it for free, and it arrived today.

 

Thanks for the help!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dice52 said:

All right, sorry for the delay. So to sum it up, I got the game today, the day 1 edition with steel case that they had on sale. After the last post, I sent them an email. I got a reply to that, in which they said they couldnt find any purchases linked to my email. After that, I went back to chat support, where I was "booked for a phone call". After an hour or two of mowing the lawn out back, I still hadn't received a call, and back to support I went. There I was told I was passed on to the promotion team, who would reply within two days. That day was a Thursday. On Monday I still hadn't heard from them. I went back to chat support, and was told the same thing, to wait two days, and so I did. On the third day I contacted support again, and I somehow ended up with getting a 60 pound gift card (UK) to purchase the game with so I got it for free, and it arrived today.

 

Thanks for the help!!

woah thats amazing!

glad it worked out in the end

all the hustling worked lmao

enjoy your game!

*send free copy here too pls*

*im just kidding dont sue me*


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×