Facebook slows down a lot?

Wondering if it's hardware or just plain Facebook. I have an i9 9900k / rtx 2070s and 32gb ram, as I scroll down the timeline it gets slower & slower until input response becomes jittery and my fans are hard at work.

Anyone else find this, also know if it can be solved?

3 minutes ago, espr3ss0 said:

Wondering if it's hardware or just plain Facebook. I have an i9 9900k / rtx 2070s and 32gb ram, as I scroll down the timeline it gets slower & slower until input response becomes jittery and my fans are hard at work.

Anyone else find this, also know if it can be solved?

Check to see if Windows Update needs you to restart your machine...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Facebook is known for its exceptionally high polish and bug free operation...

Jokes aside, it's retardedly broken. This is normal.

To be honest, it happens with not just Facebook, but also other kind of websites where you scroll through a lot of images/videos/gifs regardless of the browser. The browser has to keep the whole tab/page in memory basically and keep it sort of active to ensure as good of user experience as possible (e.g. it can't "forget" or drop the upper parts of the website, otherwise you'd have to reload to see the content at the top again. That's the thing about constantly /endlessly adding content to the end of the page.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem i had noticed that having a facebook tab open dramatically decreased performance across everything so much so that it convinced me to drop it entirely(i suspect its from scripts running on the page but could be wrong) 

Yeh, the more it loads the bigger the load especially video content. It may be slightly slower but should really bin as it goes.