3900x Thermal Paste Application Method

Go to solution Solved by Nucleargamer12,
22 minutes ago, Escapenz said:

i do just a grain of rice on my 3900x. Always get good spread with it

yeah im going to use the nh-d15 cooler and the included thermal paste which spreads really well, so ill probably do a grain of rice

I was wondering what the best method to apply thermal paste to the 3900x was. I have seen some say pea sized and others say the pea size is to small and to do the X shape instead.

3 minutes ago, Nucleargamer12 said:

I was wondering what the best method to apply thermal paste to the 3900x was. I have seen some say pea sized and others say the pea size is to small and to do the X shape instead.

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

I mean, my 3900x is always too fucking hot for no reason. Even with an NH-D14 class cooler, the method to thermal paste application doesnt really matter much unless its a REALLY big chip. ie threadripper

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

22 minutes ago, Escapenz said:

yeah im going to use the nh-d15 cooler and the included thermal paste which spreads really well, so ill probably do a grain of rice

1 hour ago, Ashiella said:

I mean, my 3900x is always too fucking hot for no reason. Even with an NH-D14 class cooler, the method to thermal paste application doesnt really matter much unless its a REALLY big chip. ie threadripper

what temps are you running on your 3900x ?

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

12 hours ago, Escapenz said:

what temps are you running on your 3900x ?

85c typical full load, up to 95c using avx/2

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!