Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blockmasterboyz

Computer Issues :/

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I got an old Dell Optiplex 7010 and I was planning on putting a graphics card in it and making it a nice running pc. I decided that I would have to upgrade the power supply so I could use the GPU, and so I used a OCZ Fatal1ty 550W power supply from an old build we had laying around. It is semi modular so it came with cords at one point but we lost the cords and so we decided to order some from EBay, it said they were for the 1000W model but we didn’t think that mattered so we ordered them. They just came in today so when I went to plug in my graphics card the front power button blinks yellow and the computer doesn’t turn on. I’m not sure what to do, any help in appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

full specs, mainly what's the new gpu model, and how many watts was the old psu? i could be wrong, but i don't see the cables being for a higher wattage psu model as an issue, so long as they fit correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, blockmasterboyz said:

So I got an old Dell Optiplex 7010 and I was planning on putting a graphics card in it and making it a nice running pc. I decided that I would have to upgrade the power supply so I could use the GPU, and so I used a OCZ Fatal1ty 550W power supply from an old build we had laying around. It is semi modular so it came with cords at one point but we lost the cords and so we decided to order some from EBay, it said they were for the 1000W model but we didn’t think that mattered so we ordered them. They just came in today so when I went to plug in my graphics card the front power button blinks yellow and the computer doesn’t turn on. I’m not sure what to do, any help in appreciated.

Blinking yellow indicates a PSU failure. Likely the cables you got are incompatible. Does any other system work with this PSU and cabling?


Main: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, Nvidia GTX 780, 16 GB 2667 MT/s DDR4

Secondary: Intel Xeon X5670, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3

Server: Intel Xeon X5670, 60 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Blinking yellow indicates a PSU failure. Likely the cables you got are incompatible. Does any other system work with this PSU and cabling?

I am unable to check if it works in a different system, and the cables are from the same line on PSUs just a higher wattage model

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

full specs, mainly what's the new gpu model, and how many watts was the old psu? i could be wrong, but i don't see the cables being for a higher wattage psu model as an issue, so long as they fit correctly.

The new GPU is a GTX 1650 Super and the old power supply was a stock model Dell Power Supply with either 270 or 290 Watts. And the cords fit correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, blockmasterboyz said:

I am unable to check if it works in a different system

does it work in the dell without the gpu? test that first if you haven't yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×