Computer Issues :/

blockmasterboyz

So I got an old Dell Optiplex 7010 and I was planning on putting a graphics card in it and making it a nice running pc. I decided that I would have to upgrade the power supply so I could use the GPU, and so I used a OCZ Fatal1ty 550W power supply from an old build we had laying around. It is semi modular so it came with cords at one point but we lost the cords and so we decided to order some from EBay, it said they were for the 1000W model but we didn’t think that mattered so we ordered them. They just came in today so when I went to plug in my graphics card the front power button blinks yellow and the computer doesn’t turn on. I’m not sure what to do, any help in appreciated.

full specs, mainly what's the new gpu model, and how many watts was the old psu? i could be wrong, but i don't see the cables being for a higher wattage psu model as an issue, so long as they fit correctly.

37 minutes ago, blockmasterboyz said:

So I got an old Dell Optiplex 7010 and I was planning on putting a graphics card in it and making it a nice running pc. I decided that I would have to upgrade the power supply so I could use the GPU, and so I used a OCZ Fatal1ty 550W power supply from an old build we had laying around. It is semi modular so it came with cords at one point but we lost the cords and so we decided to order some from EBay, it said they were for the 1000W model but we didn’t think that mattered so we ordered them. They just came in today so when I went to plug in my graphics card the front power button blinks yellow and the computer doesn’t turn on. I’m not sure what to do, any help in appreciated.

Blinking yellow indicates a PSU failure. Likely the cables you got are incompatible. Does any other system work with this PSU and cabling?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

6 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Blinking yellow indicates a PSU failure. Likely the cables you got are incompatible. Does any other system work with this PSU and cabling?

I am unable to check if it works in a different system, and the cables are from the same line on PSUs just a higher wattage model

23 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

full specs, mainly what's the new gpu model, and how many watts was the old psu? i could be wrong, but i don't see the cables being for a higher wattage psu model as an issue, so long as they fit correctly.

The new GPU is a GTX 1650 Super and the old power supply was a stock model Dell Power Supply with either 270 or 290 Watts. And the cords fit correctly.

28 minutes ago, blockmasterboyz said:

I am unable to check if it works in a different system

does it work in the dell without the gpu? test that first if you haven't yet.