Should I upgrade my ram?

Hey I'm looking whether or not to upgrade my ram for my laptop. My laptop is HP Omen 15, and it currently has 16gb ram (1x16GB). Some recommend to upgrade to 32gb, and some recommend to upgrade to a better 16gb (2x8GB). Any recommendations?

I'm mostly using my laptop for gaming, light video editing, and just regular productivity for university.

There is no budget, as long as it's reasonable. Or is it just not worth it to upgrade? Thanks

5 minutes ago, PointFive said:

Hey I'm looking whether or not to upgrade my ram for my laptop. My laptop is HP Omen 15, and it currently has 16gb ram (1x16GB). Some recommend to upgrade to 32gb, and some recommend to upgrade to a better 16gb (2x8GB). Any recommendations?

I'm mostly using my laptop for gaming, light video editing, and just regular productivity for university.

There is no budget, as long as it's reasonable. Or is it just not worth it to upgrade? Thanks

Do you have the specific model no. , please? 

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Do you have the specific model no. , please? 

HP Omen 2018 15-dc0051nr

For video editing, it won't hurt to get another 16gb.

Ram is cheap right now.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, PointFive said:

HP Omen 2018 15-dc0051nr

Trying to find something that confirms that 32GB is even an option... not having a lot of success.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!