How do I stop my braided cable from becoming tangled?

pythonmegapixel

I recently recieved a Kingston HyperX Cloud II headset and it's been great. The cable has braided sleeving which I assume is to make it durable and it certainly feels "premium." Unfortunately it also tangles very easily and is difficult to untangle.

Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid this?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

4 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Unfortunately it also tangles very easily and is difficult to untangle.

Is this when in storage? 

As if it is velcro cable ties can sort that out. 

1 minute ago, j.son19 said:

Is this when in storage? 

As if it is velcro cable ties can sort that out. 

No it's not in storage. While in use the cable gradually twists around itself, presumably because that's how it was packaged or something

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I'm not sure but maybe if when you use them wear a hoodie or something and run the headphone cable under/through  that ( if it is long enough ). 

5 minutes ago, j.son19 said:

I'm not sure but maybe if when you use them wear a hoodie or something and run the headphone cable under/through  that ( if it is long enough ). 

I don't do that though. The headphones come with an inline controller which they are detachable from, I literally have them plugged into the controller and then going straight to my head if you see what I mean

The problem has become less in the few days since I opened them. Maybe I just need to keep straightening them out and then eventually they'll lose the tendency to do this

pythonmegapixel

4 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Maybe I just need to keep straightening them out and then eventually they'll lose the tendency to do this

Well it probably just is a slightly stiffer cable than other cables which means it may take longer to straighten out. So In the end you probably just need to keep straightening the cable out.

Sorry if I wasn't much help .

9 minutes ago, j.son19 said:

Well it probably just is a slightly stiffer cable than other cables which means it may take longer to straighten out. So In the end you probably just need to keep straightening the cable out.

Sorry if I wasn't much help .

No it's fine, thanks for responding

pythonmegapixel