Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sammarok

Need advice [New Case and CPU Cooling]

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

I need some advice to get a new Case and a new CPU cooler. Currently I have a old CM HAF 932 case and is time to get a better and new case. I would like something with good cable management, silent if possible, and of course, with good airflow. Also I want to change my CPU cooler, right now I am using a Corsair h105, it works fine but I am not very happy with the performance, it can be very noisy and the thing I don't like of this cooler is that I cannot change the fan speeds with software, I have to change them in BIOS and to be honest, I am not happy with the settings, or it is too loud, or it is too hot. I prefer to have a new cooler that I can control better and have better performance.

Here are my specs:

CPU: i7-8700k 4.4 Ghz

MB: Gigabyte Z370P D3

RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000 C15  (16GB)

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 11GB

SSDs: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB and 860 EVO 2TB

Thank you in advance.

P300A, P400A, DX500, Meshify C (add a few aftermarket fans). 

For a cooler, a Dark Rock Pro 4 or a NH-D15 would be good choices. 

I'M A #KEEBWEEB - FIND THE THREAD HERE!

Remember to quote or tag me (@gloop) so I can see you reply!

FUN THREADS:

Corrupt A Wish! / Mods on the Forum (gets locked often)! / Banning Game! Anime Club!

Current Build:

Spoiler

2700x / Tomahawk MAX / 32GB 3000MHz / 500GB M.2 + 1TB 5400RPM / 5700XT / H510 / RM550x

Case - Meshify C, P500A/P400A/P300A, DX500, Air 540

Cooler - NH-D15 chromax.black, Dark Rock Pro 4, probably any 280mm+ AIO, NH-U12A/NH-U14S

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Nice cases, I love the P500A, I like the RBG setup, I like the vertical GPU configuration, unfortunately is not available to buy in Europe? Where can I get this case?
P400A is missing the vertical GPU option and I read that the NH-D15 doesn't fit in the P400A :( 

Meshify C looks good option too but is missing the vertical GPU configuration. I like it has a filter behind the mesh to stop more dust. 

PURE BASE 500DX looks very good, missing vertical GPU too but the case setup looks so nice.

The NH-D15 chromax.black looks sick, love it, so probably will get this one. :) 

EDIT:

The DARK ROCK PRO 4 looks good too.

Alright, about the CPU cooling, those towers are huge and makes it difficult to install new Ram etc. What is the advantage of the NH-D15 against lets say, a Kraken X63/X62 ? 

Alright, finally found and ordered the P500A black DRGB, ordered from Germany (Casekings). And for CPU cooler, this time I will ditch the AIO setups and go with air cooling for change, I will rest a bit from pump noises, so I ordered the NH-D15 chromax.black.

Thanks for the all the recommendations guys, really awesome stuff. Cheers. 👍

1 hour ago, Sammarok said:

Alright, finally found and ordered the P500A black DRGB, ordered from Germany (Casekings). And for CPU cooler, this time I will ditch the AIO setups and go with air cooling for change, I will rest a bit from pump noises, so I ordered the NH-D15 chromax.black.

Thanks for the all the recommendations guys, really awesome stuff. Cheers. 👍

Enjoy them!

I'M A #KEEBWEEB - FIND THE THREAD HERE!

Remember to quote or tag me (@gloop) so I can see you reply!

FUN THREADS:

Corrupt A Wish! / Mods on the Forum (gets locked often)! / Banning Game! Anime Club!

Current Build:

Spoiler

2700x / Tomahawk MAX / 32GB 3000MHz / 500GB M.2 + 1TB 5400RPM / 5700XT / H510 / RM550x