Deepcool Gammaxx 300 or Arctic Freezer 7X

Theincha
Go to solution Solved by VIVO-US,
51 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Still curious what case is being worked with as per @narrdarr’s point.  It could well be that your case is just awful.  

It's this one here: http://www.blueberry-eu.com/index.php?mact=Products,cntnt01,details,0&cntnt01productid=25&cntnt01detailtemplate=detail_products&cntnt01returnid=34

No front intake, but it does have floor and side intake.  Looks like fan support is 80mm for the rear and side, and the feet are small enough that the floor intake is essentially non-functional.

With that in mind, a case upgrade will likely do more to help than a CPU cooler upgrade.

Long story short im not happy with temps on my ryzen 5 3600 and im thinking about buying aftermarket cooler these two are in my budget i mean Gammaxx 300 is a like 10$ cheaper then 7x but i can afford both. Btw i can't find Gammaxx 400 on my market. Wich one should go for.

It’s quite tight.  7x is a 2 pipe cooler, gammax is a 3 pipe cooler but it’s got a smaller Less optimized fin stack. Both have custom fans.  The freezer pros fan is liable to last longer.  They’re both tier 8 in the tierlist and compared to 92mm coolers.  The cheaper one maybe?  I’m not convinced the freezer pro will cool better.  It’s hard to tell.  Both are smaller than I would pick if I had a choice. I can’t find a review where they are compared head to head or even to a common cooler to use as a benchmark.  If one cools better than the other I would take that one.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s quite tight.  7x is a 2 pipe cooler, gammax is a 3 pipe cooler but it’s got a smaller Less optimized fin stack. Both have custom fans.  The freezer pros fan is liable to last longer.  They’re both tier 8 in the tierlist and compared to 92mm coolers.  The cheaper one maybe?  I’m not convinced the freezer pro will cool better.  It’s hard to tell.  Both are smaller than I would pick if I had a choice. I can’t find a review where they are compared head to head or even to a common cooler to use as a benchmark.  If one cools better than the other I would take that one.

Hmm ty ty, btw i review some benchmark comparing stock cooler temp with my cpu with stock cooler, they are amazing they stick to 70-75 °C, while mine is going 80+ (87max and stress test with Prime95 with only 2min into the test), wich means i managed to install the stock cooler rly bad cus the screws had so little resistance when turning.

I will try to install it properly with new termal paste, but i dont have any, im waiting for one to come these friday.

6 minutes ago, Theincha said:

Hmm ty ty, btw i review some benchmark comparing stock cooler temp with my cpu with stock cooler, they are amazing they stick to 70-75 °C, while mine is going 80+ (87max and stress test with Prime95 with only 2min into the test), wich means i managed to install the stock cooler rly bad cus the screws had so little resistance when turning.

I will try to install it properly with new termal paste, but i dont have any, im waiting for one to come these friday.

I haven’t heard of a 3600 with a stock cooler doing that well.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I haven’t heard of a 3600 with a stock cooler doing that well.  

Welp i had some post on other forums, they say it should stick to around 80°C not above even with stock cooler.

19 minutes ago, Theincha said:

Welp i had some post on other forums, they say it should stick to around 80°C not above even with stock cooler.

Maybe what you want to look at then is reports of people who have the cpu you do and the cooler you are interested in.  My understanding of the problem is that Ryzen2 chiplets are very small and the problem is not so much disposing of waste heat from the cooler but getting the heat into the cooler in the first place.  The common move is high albedo.  Overcool to get the temperature difference up so more heat flows.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Maybe what you want to look at then is reports of people who have the cpu you do and the cooler you are interested in.  My understanding of the problem is that Ryzen2 chiplets are very small and the problem is not so much disposing of waste heat from the cooler but getting the heat into the cooler in the first place.

Understanadble, i will be ok with it running >84,5°C, but it got me worried when it went 88°C only 2 minutes on stresstest. Will reinstall cooler and thermal paste and will see what happend. Thank you for your time.

@Theincha

can i ask what is your budget? 

the website you want to order from?

and

What case do you have?

7 hours ago, Theincha said:

Understanadble, i will be ok with it running >84,5°C, but it got me worried when it went 88°C only 2 minutes on stresstest. Will reinstall cooler and thermal paste and will see what happend. Thank you for your time.

The bright side is you can’t burn up your cpu anymore.  If it gets too hot it will inderclock.  This still causes problems but they’re non fatal ones.  

17 hours ago, narrdarr said:

@Theincha

can i ask what is your budget? 

the website you want to order from?

and

What case do you have?

The budget is around €40. Sites are itsvet or eponuda (both .com), these sites can give you list of all the shops in my country Serbia that you can purchase from.

Case is not the best its an 4y old Blueberry without any fans but my dad bought two 120mm (myb less) i think. I am waiting for them to arrive, prolly tmrw.

Btw i have new PSU not that one that came with the case its Cooler Master.

6 hours ago, Theincha said:

The budget is around €40. Sites are itsvet or eponuda (both .com), these sites can give you list of all the shops in my country Serbia that you can purchase from.

Case is not the best its an 4y old Blueberry without any fans but my dad bought two 120mm (myb less) i think. I am waiting for them to arrive, prolly tmrw.

Btw i have new PSU not that one that came with the case its Cooler Master.

After reviewing the info you gave.

A aftermarket cooler is not going to help you. Well maybe a tiny bit. But you'll be disappointed. You would be much better off getting a new case.

I only looked at itsvet and I can't believe how many non functional cases there are.

But the LC Power Gaming 984B Dragonslayer seem to check the important boxes. 

I believe its within the 40$ Budget.

Way better air flow 

comes with 2 fans. Maybe not be the best fans but they will do.

Room for cable management.

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

A aftermarket cooler is not going to help you. Well maybe a tiny bit. But you'll be disappointed. You would be much better off getting a new case.

I only looked at itsvet and I can't believe how many non functional cases there are.

Way better air flow 

Welp i didn't mentioned it on this post i prolly forgot it. But temps are pretty normal when the side lid of the case is closed(idle around 40°C), slightly better when lid is open 3-5 °C less. 

I am not gonna buy aftermarket cooler yet, i am waiting for some fans to arrive, will replace thermal paste i install cooler properly tmrw and if temps are below 84,3 °C i will be happy. If they still go higher then that im gonna definitely consider buying a new case.

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

Way better air flow 

Not convinced myself as he is adding fans and they’re already in the mail. Plus we don’t actually know what case he has, only it’s age.  Case design has changed in function and fashion, but 4 years ago CPUs were even hotter than they are now.  Might wind up being correct

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not convinced myself as he is adding fans and they’re already in the mail. Plus we don’t actually know what case he has, only it’s age.  Case design has changed in function and fashion, but 4 years ago CPUs were even hotter than they are now.  Might wind up being correct

this is his case. http://www.blueberry-eu.com/index.php?mact=Products,cntnt01,details,0&cntnt01productid=25&cntnt01detailtemplate=detail_products&cntnt01returnid=34

14 minutes ago, Theincha said:

Welp i didn't mentioned it on this post i prolly forgot it. But temps are pretty normal when the side lid of the case is closed(idle around 40°C), slightly better when lid is open 3-5 °C less. 

I am not gonna buy aftermarket cooler yet, i am waiting for some fans to arrive, will replace thermal paste i install cooler properly tmrw and if temps are below 84,3 °C i will be happy. If they still go higher then that im gonna definitely consider buying a new case.

idle temps are not good way to measure. and you should want to be around 70-75c under load.

Ok guys so i replaced thermal paste and i install cpu cooler properly, temps are more stable right now. Still case lid is open because air flow is bad even with 2 fans one intake and one exhaust. Btw i tried playing PUBG lite and Far Cry Primal, thems are perfect around 60-75 °C, but again with Prime95 stress test they go to 90+°C, i tried rendering some project that my friend made in Blender with only 6 threads instead of 12 and with GPU, i mean both were rendering, temps go aroudn 80-90°C. After that i i noticed that CPU cooler didn't follow the curve that was set in BIOS. After some research i installed MSI dragon centar and made a curve in that program and it worked fine in general (btw is 1900 RPM max on stock ryzen 5 cooler, cus mine was going max 1900RPM), but still render in Blender or Prime95 made my cpu go crazy with those 80-90+°C.

If you do end up getting a new CPU cooler, the Gammaxx 300 does very well for a budget option.  I have one on an i7-6700 at home, and under load, the i7 doesn't go over 50C.  This is all in a case with a GTX 980 and OK but not great airflow.

Still curious what case is being worked with as per @narrdarr’s point.  It could well be that your case is just awful.  

51 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It's this one here: http://www.blueberry-eu.com/index.php?mact=Products,cntnt01,details,0&cntnt01productid=25&cntnt01detailtemplate=detail_products&cntnt01returnid=34

No front intake, but it does have floor and side intake.  Looks like fan support is 80mm for the rear and side, and the feet are small enough that the floor intake is essentially non-functional.

With that in mind, a case upgrade will likely do more to help than a CPU cooler upgrade.

17 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

I concur.  I don’t get how they’re claiming “new case design!” Either unless the ad is 15 years old.  This would in fact qualify as “awful”. Case change required. 

After installing cpu properly everything is good but the case lid is always off, i will save more money and buy both case and cpu cooler but not at the same time. First i will get new case cus this doesnt have newer usb, headphone jack is broken and ofc airflow is shit af, those are three reasons i will get the case first. If im not satisfied afterwards i will buy cpu cooler as well.

On 7/21/2020 at 9:12 PM, Bombastinator said:

I concur.  I don’t get how they’re claiming “new case design!” Either unless the ad is 15 years old.  This would in fact qualify as “awful”. Case change required. 

And for that site i think its pretty old ad so yea.