Preface: I'm not 100% sure this goes in this this category. 

I'm looking for some purple and black (maybe gray, I'm not opposed) sleeved extensions for my power supply and I don"t want to pay for cable mod because they are out of my budget. so I was wondering if anyone could find a set that isn't just alternating between black and purple like the ones linked below. thanks to anyone that can help out. cheers!

The cables I referenced above:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJZPW6C/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTFBBMDFWNlJFVUImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1NTQ5MzROTEkwRVA3RUVQTUQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDA0MjkyOTIzSERQRFJNSlhRV08md2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwyJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Reality is if you don't like the off the shelf cables and want something custom then you're going to be paying a premium for it. If you do go the route of custom cables get ones that replace the cables from the PSU instead of extensions.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

14 minutes ago, Spowers150 said:

I'm looking for some purple and black (maybe gray, I'm not opposed) sleeved extensions for my power supply and I don"t want to pay for cable mod because they are out of my budget. so I was wondering if anyone could find a set that isn't just alternating between black and purple like the ones linked below. thanks to anyone that can help out. cheers!

Blah blah blah...

What PSU do you have?

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Blah blah blah...

What PSU do you have?

Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 why do you ask

Blah blah blah...

What PSU do you have?

you alright?

1 hour ago, Spowers150 said:

Preface: I'm not 100% sure this goes in this this category. 

The cables I referenced above:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJZPW6C/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTFBBMDFWNlJFVUImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1NTQ5MzROTEkwRVA3RUVQTUQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDA0MjkyOTIzSERQRFJNSlhRV08md2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwyJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

If you don't mind ordering from China, I've got a place I buy all my sleeved cables.  They are pretty damn good quality, and for a small price you can even customize the colour of every strand of cable.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 hour ago, Spowers150 said:

you alright?

Yeah.. so... cable's aren't "universal".  The pinout on the PSU side depends on what PSU you have.  So wondering if there are purple/black cables on the market you can use really starts with what PSU you are using.  

The ones you linked are extensions and extensions are 99% of the time a horrible idea unless you don't plan to actually use your PC and expect it to just sit somewhere in a showcase.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yeah.. so... cable's aren't "universal".  The pinout on the PSU side depends on what PSU you have.  So wondering if there are purple/black cables on the market you can use really starts with what PSU you are using.  

The ones you linked are extensions and extensions are 99% of the time a horrible idea unless you don't plan to actually use your PC and expect it to just sit somewhere in a showcase.

Hello sir,

Can i ask you why its a terrible idea? I'm thinking of extensions too but if its going to damage stuff... Then i wont.

(Thank you for all the testing and honest answers mr guru :D)

11 hours ago, Samfisher said:

If you don't mind ordering from China, I've got a place I buy all my sleeved cables.  They are pretty damn good quality, and for a small price you can even customize the colour of every strand of cable.

if you could, could you send me the place you get your cables

8 hours ago, Forfaxify said:

Hello sir,

Can i ask you why its a terrible idea? I'm thinking of extensions too but if its going to damage stuff... Then i wont.

(Thank you for all the testing and honest answers mr guru :D)

First:  The added connector.  Additional point of failure.  Also, the cheap connectors the Chinese cable vendors use tend to have cheaper pins that can't carry as much current and the connector itself tends to not have any kind of flammability rating.  The wires tend to be 18g, which is fine for most of your existing cables (unless you have pig-tail PCIe cables, you should use 16g from the PSU) but when you make cables longer, you should increase gauge to decrease the resistance created by the additional length.

First:  The added connector.  Additional point of failure.  Also, the cheap connectors the Chinese cable vendors use tend to have cheaper pins that can't carry as much current and the connector itself tends to not have any kind of flammability rating.  The wires tend to be 18g, which is fine for most of your existing cables (unless you have pig-tail PCIe cables, you should use 16g from the PSU) but when you make cables longer, you should increase gauge to decrease the resistance created by the additional length.

so if i were to get a set of extensions what would you suggest?

28 minutes ago, Spowers150 said:

so if i were to get a set of extensions what would you suggest?

I would suggest you have a set of cables made that replace the stock cables.

I know you said it's out of your budget, but sometimes properly executed bling costs money.

I mean, you know the saying "you get what you pay for".

I would suggest you have a set of cables made that replace the stock cables.

I know you said it's out of your budget, but sometimes properly executed bling costs money.

I mean, you know the saying "you get what you pay for".

what company would you suggest buying from that supports my power supply?

18 minutes ago, Spowers150 said:

what company would you suggest buying from that supports my power supply?

Due to the color combo you desire, you might have to go with an individual rather than a company.

Like hiring a bounty hunter, ask at forums like Modders-Inc or Overclock.net.

10 hours ago, Spowers150 said:

if you could, could you send me the place you get your cables

They have 2 shops on Ali Express that sell different PC accessories.  They are also known as Angitu on other platforms.  You can send them a message or email to discuss fully customized cables.

Observe my terrible cabling :P

sdP8v0C.jpg

https://zerowatercooling.aliexpress.com/store/1935936?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.48a456b8oY67Ny

https://rongshitai.aliexpress.com/store/1189767?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.7e51627cYfzgLY

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.