Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RawTImeRazo

MSI Monitor no picture

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys, i bought an MSI Optics Ag32C ( storage auction)

 

It powers on, but display is black. LEDs on the back power on when plugged ion and little blue "power light" as well.

 

I have talked to a repair shop and they said 45$ diagnostic fee and it is applied to the repaior if they can fix. if not, money is gone, which i understand. 

 

Anyone have any easy DIY troubleshoots? or is it worth even getting looked at? thanks peeps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RawTImeRazo said:

Hey guys, i bought an MSI Optics Ag32C ( storage auction)

 

It powers on, but display is black. LEDs on the back power on when plugged ion and little blue "power light" as well.

 

I have talked to a repair shop and they said 45$ diagnostic fee and it is applied to the repaior if they can fix. if not, money is gone, which i understand. 

 

Anyone have any easy DIY troubleshoots? or is it worth even getting looked at? thanks peeps!

https://us.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-AG32C.html
 

the machine it’s being put on is known good?


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

correct, the machine is a beast. it is my PC. Currently has an HP Omen on it that runs HDMI or DP. I checked both cords into the MSI monitor to check. 

 

the display does not come on at all though. so far in the monitors i have tried or use they all have a display of some kind when powered on.this on does not even have a change to the color of black. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RawTImeRazo said:

correct. it is my PC. Currently has an HP Omen on it that runs HDMI or DP. I checked both cords into the MSI monitor to check. 

 

the display does not come on at all though. so far in the monitors i have tried or use they all have a display of some kind when powered on.this on does not even have a change to the color of black. 

 

 

Mine would involve the PC.  If it’s working fine though I’m left adrift.  Other than looking for bent pins or mangled ports I got nuttin :/  I know more or less how a monitor is put together, but opening it doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards and even if you did and took photos there’s a pretty good chance I wouldn’t be able to tell you anything useful.  Sounds like there was a reason it was abandoned.  I’m not anything near a monitor expert though.  Such exist here.  Perhaps wait for one.  Or just take it to the shop.  There’s a pretty decent chance that fixing it may cost more than it’s worth though.  Partially simply because it was abandoned. If it’s the panel that’s most of the cost of the whole thing.  


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Mine would involve the PC.  If it’s working fine though I’m left adrift.  Other than looking for bent pins or mangled ports I got nuttin :/  I know more or less how a monitor is put together, but opening it doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards and even if you did and took photos there’s a pretty good chance I wouldn’t be able to tell you anything useful.  Sounds like there was a reason it was abandoned.  I’m not anything near a monitor expert though.  Such exist here.  Perhaps wait for one.  Or just take it to the shop.  There’s a pretty decent chance that fixing it may cost more than it’s worth though.  Partially simply because it was abandoned. If it’s the panel that’s most of the cost of the whole thing.  

yeah kinda why i dont want to bring it in. i would value it at about 50$ (not what its worth, just what i paid for it about, hard to say with storage wars though haha.) i just dont want to be down another 50$ if the census is it is not fixable. prob wait a few days, see what the community says and figure it out then. thanks for the replies bro

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×