New PC build, wont come back after shutdown

I got some great help here previously; here's hoping it happens again....

intel i7 9700

Asus PRIME H310M-A R2.0

16 GB (2x8GB) Hyperx Fury 2666 RAM

256GB Samsung M.2 SATA ssd

Geforce RTX 2070

Thermaltake SMART series 700W PSU

I can get the system to boot, and I got windows installed.  but, whenever the system shuts down, it won't turn back on.  The only way to get the system to turn back on is to pull the power,  pop the graphics card,  and clear the CMOS.  THen I have to go into setup and then reset and then it comes back....

What am I doing wrong?

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

It appears to be a problem with your BIOS settings in some way shape or form. All you are doing when you are "THen I have to go into setup and then reset and then it comes back...." is simply putting back the settings that are causing the problem. Just clear CMOS and don't touch the BIOS except for selecting your boot device, and let me know if the problem persists. Also, what BIOS settings are you changing? XMP can cause a problem similar to this.

I would also try updating your bios if there is a new one available and see if that helps at all

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Ended up doing an RMA on the motherboard, it is brand new. So I will update after I get the new one. I tried to flash the bios on the motherboard, but I could not get it to go through. The version was stuck on 1004 for the Asus Prime h310m-a r2.0

further troubleshooting:

RMA motherboard; same issue

flashed BIOS to most recent per ASUS website; same issue

set display to prefer PEG (no way to disable internal graphics in ASUS BIOS (that I could find); same issue

Essentially, every time I power down my PC, I have to pop the graphics card, and put it back.  Only after doing that, will the system respond to the power button at all.

I have replaced EVERY component except the graphics card, which was a gift.  

current build:

i79700

ASUS H310M-A R2.0

Corsair Vengance 2x16gb 3200 RAM

Thermaltake 700W power supply

1TB samsung m.2 storage

Noctua NH-U12S cooler (1 fan)

RTX 2070

help.....?......

frustrated.......