Does anywhere sell system monitoring displays for use in cases?

T3rminaV3locity

I've been looking at a pc-011 mini and was wondering if you can get a little screen displaying all system temps and stuff like that on a screen I can mount on an angle to the exhaust fan mount? one that doesn't require it to be used as a display (introducing mixed refresh rate issues) but one that connects via a usb header and has it's own software or something like that?

Do you mean getting a usb screen, and just tapping it to the side panel or something?

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

14 hours ago, T3rminaV3locity said:

I've been looking at a pc-011 mini and was wondering if you can get a little screen displaying all system temps and stuff like that on a screen I can mount on an angle to the exhaust fan mount? one that doesn't require it to be used as a display (introducing mixed refresh rate issues) but one that connects via a usb header and has it's own software or something like that?

Something like this?

s-l1600.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BeadaPanel-7-LCD-Display-for-AIDA64-USB-Single-Cable-Gadget-Monitor-w-Touch-/113404121186

You can just purchase a Pi screen for cheap. I use a $45 5" Pi screen inside the case with the cables running internally too.

IMG_4985.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 5:12 PM, gzalewski said:

You can just purchase a Pi screen for cheap. I use a $45 5" Pi screen inside the case with the cables running internally too.

IMG_4985.jpg

yeah something like that but is there a version that doesn't have to be setup as an additional display to avoid more gpu resources for refresh rate mixing

Just now, T3rminaV3locity said:

yeah something like that but is there a version that doesn't have to be setup as an additional display to avoid more gpu resources for refresh rate mixing

and by that I mean main displays getting limited to the 60hz those little screens are stuck at

16 hours ago, T3rminaV3locity said:

that looks about right, is that set up as a display too?

Its actually setup as a independent computer that pulls data via USB from your main computer.

On 7/15/2020 at 3:16 AM, kkpatel87 said:

That's a really slick little set up. How's that all work. I tried Googling it, but kept getting results for bead panels for walls. The little usb just plugs into a header on the mobo? How much customization is there? I wouldn't need one to show a CPU 2 temperature. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, Voluspa said:

That's a really slick little set up. How's that all work. I tried Googling it, but kept getting results for bead panels for walls. The little usb just plugs into a header on the mobo? How much customization is there? I wouldn't need one to show a CPU 2 temperature. 

So basically that setup is a microcomputer with a display attached. That setup communicates via USB to AIDA64 installed on the host machine. It is incredibly customizable.

I am still finalizing my setup but you can connect to an internal or external USB port and it will work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 8:37 PM, kkpatel87 said:

So basically that setup is a microcomputer with a display attached. That setup communicates via USB to AIDA64 installed on the host machine. It is incredibly customizable.

I am still finalizing my setup but you can connect to an internal or external USB port and it will work.

That sounds like exactly what I'm after, thanks :)