Some file on USB gone Wonky

Omikse

So I have this USB that gone a little wonky. Some of the file seem to be corrupt. On a couple of file that are jpg the file opens for a second and then changes to a screen that says "It looks like we do not support this file format" And then some time this file will appear on top of the error message. What would cause such a thing to happen?

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

The flash controller in the usb stick dying? Can also be the flash itself.

Usb sticks generally die pretty fast if you use them a lot. 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

The flash controller in the usb stick dying? Can also be the flash itself.

Usb sticks generally die pretty fast if you use them a lot. 

Anyway to repair or maybe recover the files?

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

2 minutes ago, Omikse said:

Anyway to repair or maybe recover the files?

Not really, usb sticks are really volatile storage anyways, you shouldn't have anything important on it?

If you have anything important then data recovery experts, otherwise it is just dead, time to get a new usb.

Maybe if you are really into tech and microcontrollers you could fix it, but that is far away from my expertise.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.