Micron Drives DDR5 Adoption With Technology Enablement Program

Agatong

Summary

Micron Technology, Inc., today announced a comprehensive enablement program which will provide early access to technical resources, products and ecosystem partners. The Technology Enablement Program will aid in the design, development and qualification of next-generation computing platforms that use DDR5, the most technologically advanced DRAM available.

Today's news builds on Micron's January announcement of DDR5 RDIMM samples and brings the industry one step closer to unlocking the value in next-generation, data-centric applications. Companies joining Micron in the DDR5 Technology Enablement Program include Cadence, Montage, Rambus, Renesas and Synopsys.

Quotes

IDDR5 delivers improvements to performance, density and reliability at a time when modern data centers need to feed rapidly growing processor core counts with memory bandwidth, and meet increasing customer demands for reliability, availability and serviceability. DDR5 will offer greater than twice the effective bandwidth when compared to its predecessor DDR4, helping relieve this bandwidth-per-core crunch and enabling high performance and improved power management in a wide variety of applications.

Qualified partners that enroll in the program can leverage Micron's world-class collaboration, quality and support and enjoy certain other benefits including access to the following:

• Certain DDR5 components and modules
  • New DDR5 products as they become available
  • Technical resources including data sheets, electrical and thermal models to aid in product development and evaluation as well as consultation on signal integrity and other technical support
  • Other ecosystem partners who can aid in chip- and system-level design

My thoughts

Ram speeds are looking good,I am really interested in how long after release we would see a 6400 mt in the main stream or would it just be at first in servers before it would hit home grade products. I wonder how long we are going to have to wait for this to hit the mainstream and also hopefully ddr5 prices are not to insane at launch.

Sources

https://www.techpowerup.com/269623/micron-drives-ddr5-adoption-with-technology-enablement-program

https://www.micron.com/products/dram/ddr5-sdram

owCAPCyRTZ7Htjn8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Agatong said:

My thoughts

Ram speeds are looking good,I am really interested in how long after release we would see a 6400 mt in the main stream or would it just be at first in servers before it would hit home grade products. I wonder how long we are going to have to wait for this to hit the mainstream and also hopefully ddr5 prices are not to insane at launch.

Maybe it's just me being nit-picky , but thank you for using MT/s vs MHz.

I'm still waiting for us to get to the point where it becomes technologically possible to load all of Skyrim into memory.

So someone can make a mod removing all of the loading screens. Go into a cave? You simply walk in or out like walking into a room with no loading screen.

Basically the "Open Cities" mod, taken to the next logical step.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's looking to be quite a generational upgrade, excited to see much higher clocks. I wonder how latencies will be along. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |