Google Chrome Only working in Safemode

Big Face Jimmy

Hello everybody, having major problems with my google chrome.

This happened when I was downloading a game booster program off the internet, I got a virus called "Safetynut", looked for a video on how to remove it, downloaded a program called freefixer, deleted all instances of safetynut, and then restarted my computer.

Then when I tried accessing my chrome everytime I tried starting it up it goes "Google Chrome has Stopped Working"

I've tried all manners of fixes, thinking at first there was a virus, I downloaded AVG and did a scan, still nothing. Reinstalled it, deleted all known files of chrome, re-downloaded it and it still kept crashing.

I've uninstalled AVG to see if it was stopping chrome, nothing, turned off firewall, nothing. I've done so many things to fix it that I lost count.

Now before you go: "Why not just use firefox/(other browser) there are many better alternatives than chrome." I use chrome because its an easy and fast browser, never had any problems with it until now.

And then I had a brilliant idea: Run it in safemode, I did so and upon starting it. It started up completely fine. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it in safemode, absolutely perfect startup, so I backed out of safemode and tried starting it up on the normal mode. Crash.

It's been a pain in the ass and since I received a fast and detailed response for ideas of upgrading my PC (Didn't buy the parts yet, nearly saved up enough. :) ) I decided to come to you guys.

Hoping I can get this fixed.

reinstall os

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

That's very unusual the only thing i can think of is to do a clean install of the OS.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Reformat and Reinstall your Windows 7/8 or Mac

EDIT: Have you tried turning it on and off again?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Yeah! I even removed my power cable and put it back in again! This is insane!

(But I am gonna reformat in a few days since this is pretty bloated as it is, wish me luck. :D)

EDIT: UNLESS SOMEONE CAN HELP FIND A FIX.

you have got 2 daaaaaays...

Download and installed these 2 programs- Malwarebytes and spybot search and destroy. Run a full scan with both of those and delete everything (unless it picks up a false positive but I doubt it). Once that is done download a little programs called Adwcleaner and let that clean your system.

If your chrome is still not working just post back and I'll suggest one other thing. If that still does not work I guess you will have to go ahead and format and reinstall.

Could you try booting into safemode and opening chrome. Then enter chrome://conflicts into the address bar.

Then near the top of the page there should be a section with something like: 

Modules (114) - Known conflicts: 0, suspected: 0
Have a look at the known and suspected. It might give some insight into the problem.