10th gen i7 too hot

Hi! Bought recently a MSI Ge66 laptop with an i7 10750H, when it comes to gaming its great but for studying its horrible. I want the laptop to have its fans at 0 rpms (have done it in the past with other MSI laptops with worse cooling than this one), there is a HUGE issue, MSI lets you opt between low performance and medium performance. Low makes the CPU run at 0,5 GHz making the pc incredibly slow, medium makes it run at 4,4 GHz just by opening a blank chrome tab. I just want the cpu to idle at 1,5-3 GHz so that the fans don't ramp up. Tried XTU but voltage control (for undervolting) is greyed out and disabling turbo boost is also greyed out. Thanks beforehand!

How is it boosting to 4.4 bad? Some laptops have 0 rpm mode until a certain temp is reached. 

What are your temps?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, lorenzo_navasg said:

Tried XTU but voltage control (for undervolting) is greyed out and disabling turbo boost is also greyed out. Thanks beforehand!

You can thank Intel's security issues for this one. They disabled voltage controls some time ago (search for "Plundervolt").

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

How is it boosting to 4.4 bad? Some laptops have 0 rpm mode until a certain temp is reached. 

What are your temps?

I want the computer to be silent whilst studying and with this the fans ramp up when a minute or so goes by

edit: temps go up to 80 degrees until i set the fans to spin up

Just now, lorenzo_navasg said:

with this the fans ramp up when a minute or so goes by

Afaik some laptops don't spin their fans when unplugged. How's your temps?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Yes, this is normal for intel laptops. You either run slow or hot and loud. It's why we don't recommend 10tg gen laptops if possible, they're shit for standard use.

13 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What are your temps?

That's larger gaming models. Any thin and light with intel is a jet engine.