Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jkallsen10

Inverter Giving bad power out???

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi! First time here and i really dont know if its the right place :// if not im sorry but the case is that i have a pc and a ps4 in my car(i live in my car yes) and when i connect them a whining noise comes from Them, is like coil whine but not, my inverter is a invatec pm 2500 12, i have tried my ps4 in my dad car and all works PERFECT no whine nothing, so my question is, is my inverter just shit? Or is it bc its only 50hz one? Should i buy a 60hz one instead?

 

Please help :))

inbound3711105369525809575.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jkallsen10 said:

invatec pm 2500 12

It produces a modified sine wave, instead of pure sine wave -- there are some electronics that don't like modified one. The sine wave coming from the wall is pure sine wave and most power-supplies and AC-voltage electronics have been designed for that.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, WereCatf said:

It produces a modified sine wave, instead of pure sine wave -- there are some electronics that don't like modified one. The sine wave coming from the wall is pure sine wave and most power-supplies and AC-voltage electronics have been designed for that.

So what does that mean? I need to buy one that is pure sine wave?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jkallsen10 said:

So what does that mean? I need to buy one that is pure sine wave?

If you don't want sensitive electronics to make noise and use more power, yes you would need to buy a pure sine wave inverter.

 

https://invertersrus.com/pure-sine-vs-modified-sine/

https://theinverterstore.com/faq-items/what-is-the-difference-between-modified-pure-sine-wave-inverters/


My System - OS: Arch Linux CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.1 Ghz 1.33v Motherboard: Asus Strix X470-I Gaming RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 CL16 GPU: MSI Radeon 5700XT Mech OC

Wifes System - OS: Manjaro Linux CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.1 Ghz 1.32v Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 CL16 GPU: AMD 5700XT Reference Card

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Nayr438 said:

If you don't want sensitive electronics to make noise and use more power, yes you would need to buy a pure sine wave inverter.

 

https://invertersrus.com/pure-sine-vs-modified-sine/

https://theinverterstore.com/faq-items/what-is-the-difference-between-modified-pure-sine-wave-inverters/

Thank you a lot, i will see if can find something :D do you know what wats i should get? Like is 1000w enough for fridge,tv,etc etc...? Or just go for a 2500?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jkallsen10 said:

Thank you a lot, i will see if can find something :D do you know what wats i should get? Like is 1000w enough for fridge,tv,etc etc...? Or just go for a 2500?

Not sure you would need to find out the wattage for your devices and add them together, then I would take your highest wattage device and multiply it by .15 and add that to your total wattage to account for current spikes. A quick google search tells me that a small recent mini fridge would use around 100 - 200W, LCD TV around 100W, PS4 around 140W. so 440W + 30W = 470W. Which would put you around a 500W inverter. However these numbers were just pulled randomly from searching, check with your devices.

 

Keep in mind that the bigger the inverter and the more power you draw, the more power its going to draw from your battery.

You may take a look at http://www.aimscorp.net/blog/inverter-faq/how-to-size-a-battery-bank-an-aims-power-tech-tip-222/

at a certain point it will be more efficient to use a small portable Generator, unless you plan to have your car constantly running when your using the devices.


My System - OS: Arch Linux CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.1 Ghz 1.33v Motherboard: Asus Strix X470-I Gaming RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 CL16 GPU: MSI Radeon 5700XT Mech OC

Wifes System - OS: Manjaro Linux CPU: Ryzen 3600 @ 4.1 Ghz 1.32v Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 CL16 GPU: AMD 5700XT Reference Card

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Nayr438 said:

Not sure you would need to find out the wattage for your devices and add them together, then I would take your highest wattage device and multiply it by .15 and add that to your total wattage to account for current spikes. A quick google search tells me that a small recent mini fridge would use around 100 - 200W, LCD TV around 100W, PS4 around 140W. so 440W + 30W = 470W. Which would put you around a 500W inverter. However these numbers were just pulled randomly from searching, check with your devices.

 

Keep in mind that the bigger the inverter and the more power you draw, the more power its going to draw from your battery.

You may take a look at http://www.aimscorp.net/blog/inverter-faq/how-to-size-a-battery-bank-an-aims-power-tech-tip-222/

at a certain point it will be more efficient to use a small portable Generator, unless you plan to have your car constantly running when your using the devices.

Thank you so much, i will look into it :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×