be quiet! Pure Base 500 Front panel airflow mod

The_PurpleShroom

Hi guys, 

I have pretty much 0 experience with case modding to be honest, so I may require some ELI5. 

My goal for this mod is to improve airflow in my be quiet! pure base 500 build, I would have purchased the 500Dx but the black model was not available when I ordered anywhere in Australia, an it doesn't look like it will be available any time soon. 

I have seen various front panel mods around the internet, where the front panel has effectively had a chunk removed an replaced with mesh. I have the metallic grey version of the case, but I think black mesh will not look out of place. 

Question/seeking advice: 

1. How does one go about starting a  project like this? 

2. Approx how easy is this type of modification to botch? ie how significant are the risks

3. Any reccomendations/advice from some of the communites seasoned veterans? 

4. Approx what is the cost of undertaking a project like this? [I am based in Australia] 

Thanks in advance! 

50 minutes ago, The_PurpleShroom said:

Question/seeking advice: 

1. How does one go about starting a  project like this? 

2. Approx how easy is this type of modification to botch? ie how significant are the risks

3. Any reccomendations/advice from some of the communites seasoned veterans? 

4. Approx what is the cost of undertaking a project like this? [I am based in Australia] 

Thanks in advance! 

1. measure thrice! Can't say that enough, once you did a cut it stays like this forever

2. there aren't any real risks at all, biggest risk would be you did a wrong cut, can't install fans and then have a hole in the front of your PC ^^

3. not a veteran myself, so nothing from my side#

4. depending on how good it should look/what tools you already have at hand.

when you just want better airflow then it shoud be pretty cheap, some mesh, like 16 bolts and nuts and thats about it..