Asus Prime A320M-K Ryzen 5 3500 compatible?

Just want to ask if my  Asus Prime A320 is compatible with

Ryzen 5 3500

Someone told me i need to update bios. Just want to double check.

I saw this on asus website CPU COMPATIBILITY. This is not ment for Heavy gaming just mid games mostly for school work.

Thanks guys!

Screenshot_20200714-185112_Chrome.jpg

It is with the latest beta bios. 

Do I recommend powering a 6 core with that board? No. Sadly this board is just subpart to say the least. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It is with the latest beta bios. 

Do I recommend powering a 6 core with that board? No. Sadly this board is just subpart to say the least. 

Is it that bad? Shortage of supply in my country made me buy this type of Ryzen, i was aiming for ryzen 3 3200g but there was NONE. 😪😪

Actually i bought this cheap board cause when i upgrade my board in 5 to 7 months later will get a better one like high end for that processor..

Just now, sanipig18 said:

later will get a better one like high end for that processor..

It will most likely throttle down. I personally wouldn't pair it with a 6 core. Sadly it's just the case. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, sanipig18 said:

Just want to ask if my  Asus Prime A320 is compatible with

Ryzen 5 3500

Someone told me i need to update bios. Just want to double check.

I saw this on asus website CPU COMPATIBILITY. This is not ment for Heavy gaming just mid games mostly for school work.

Thanks guys!

Screenshot_20200714-185112_Chrome.jpg

The board will handle the processor ok as long as you keep good case air flow.

This chip isn't too power hungry unless you start overclocking it, which on that chipset you can't do. Might Pull 80w at best stock boosts.

My A320 Prime handled a 1400 which is 4/8 threaded cpu. Never saw it throttle and seemed to always perform well as long as I blew the case free of dust every few months. (We have pets)