Microsoft Your Phone App

Hi guys

I'm having some trouble with Microsoft Your Phone App... i have a Galaxy S20 ULTRA and for some reason the app wont refresh on my Windows PC. it gives me this message and there is nothing on the Microsoft support website that can help me 

Is there anything i can do?

thanks for any helpers :)

image.png

Yeah, when it works Your Phone is amazing. When it doesn't, it's the biggest piece of excrement. I had something similar when I changed PCs. Just could not for the life of me get the phone to connect (Pixel 4).

In order to get it to work, I went into Windows settings and cleared the data and cache for the Your Phone app. Then, completely removed the companion app from my phone. Then, went into my Microsoft account settings online and deauthorized my devices. Then, open the companion app on my phone, and finally opened the app on Windows and followed the initial setup procedure.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I found that your phone app doesn't work on my phone either (Samsung Galaxy A40) but I just use things like whatsapp for windows 10 and bluetooth which basically does most of the your phone functionality apart from notifications.

3 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah, when it works Your Phone is amazing. When it doesn't, it's the biggest piece of excrement. I had something similar when I changed PCs. Just could not for the life of me get the phone to connect (Pixel 4).

In order to get it to work, I went into Windows settings and cleared the data and cache for the Your Phone app. Then, completely removed the companion app from my phone. Then, went into my Microsoft account settings online and deauthorized my devices. Then, open the companion app on my phone, and finally opened the app on Windows and followed the initial setup procedure.

did i eventually work?

On 7/14/2020 at 5:04 AM, Chris Pratt said:

Everything Chris said is accurate I would only add one extra step, on Windows go to Settings > Phone and click "Unlink this PC". You should be able to restart the pairing process. Worked for me every time.

Still rocking that i7-3770k

On 7/19/2020 at 3:42 AM, fldujit said:

Everything Chris said is accurate I would only add one extra step, on Windows go to Settings > Phone and click "Unlink this PC". You should be able to restart the pairing process. Worked for me every time.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, Chris Pratt said:

Thank you for your help, ill give it a go!

On 7/19/2020 at 3:42 AM, fldujit said:

On 7/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, Chris Pratt said:

it really helped thank you very much!