Worth trying to repair?

asianglow1

My work shipped me my 34 inch curved monitor from the office so I can work from home. However the monitor got damaged while shipping. See the image below.

https://i.imgur.com/S6CEzpA.jpg

Here is the amazon link for it. https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE

The monitor has no phyiscal cracks when touching it. It only shows that when it is powered on. When I plug it in, no image appears in the back. Also My workplace is shipping me another monitor is is allowing me to do whatever I want with the old damaged monitor. 

Seeing that this is a $600 monitor, I figured I should try fixing it. I would say I am pretty good with tech in general. I work as a sysadmin. I just never had the chance to do any monitor repairing. Would this be something where I would be able to somewhat easily repair it? Does anyone have any place I can start looking to find out how to repair it?

Considering it's the most expensive part that is broken.. and you're unlikely to actually find the exact same panel as replacement... No.

It wouldn't come cheap either.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Definitely not worth repairing, but i would salvage it for parts especially the Power Board, Data Board and TCON board along with the cables.

But if you have not opened up a monitor before, please be extremely careful, there are massive capacitors in the monitor that can be lethal even when power is not connected.