Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Levi90

Will a 1660 ti be still good for gaming next year?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello! I was saving up for a graphics card but I had to buy a mouse and keyboard since they weren't working correctly. Ended up wasting all the money. Waiting for christmas or my birthday to get the grapics card but I was wondering if it was still going to be decent? I was thinking graphic card prices would drop by next year with new graphics card coming out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not great now, i'd buy a 1660S or 5600XT, much better value, spec wise, yes if your target is around 1080p medium/high (ultra is pointless

)  it also matters what cpu you're looking at, if reccomend opening a thread in new builds and planning. 😉 

feel free to dm me on this 👇


@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

New cards are being predicted around September time frame. Since you're looking to buy in December its really too hard to say if it is a good value or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyway, that's just with this lineup, big navi is bound to bring better budget cards, but i get where your coming from  wanting to know if it'll be good 


@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Johnny-Boi said:

it's not great now, i'd buy a 1660S or 5600XT, much better value, spec wise, yes if your target is around 1080p medium/high (ultra is pointless

)  it also matters what cpu you're looking at, if reccomend opening a thread in new builds and planning. 😉 

feel free to dm me on this 👇

Alright thanks. How about 2060s? Are they better than 1660 ti at the moment?

 

4 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

New cards are being predicted around September time frame. Since you're looking to buy in December its really too hard to say if it is a good value or not. 

I see. Thanks for letting me know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Levi90 said:

Alright thanks. How about 2060s? Are they better than 1660 ti at the moment?

yes, however i wouldn't get the super, instead i'd get a 5700xt because it has two or three times the performance (prob not in real math) but the 2060 gets your foot in the door to ray tracing, and longevity. also it would help if you told me the cpu you have, and what games you play.


@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Johnny-Boi said:

yes, however i wouldn't get the super, instead i'd get a 5700xt because it has two or three times the performance (prob not in real math) but the 2060 gets your foot in the door to ray tracing, and longevity. also it would help if you told me the cpu you have, and what games you play.

I currently have a R5 3600 and a 1050 ti. Play valorant, warzone, sea of thieves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be something weird going on with pricing right now, but currently, a 1660 Ti is terrible. At the low end it's the same price as a 5600XT, which will run circles around it, and at the high end, it's actually more expensive than a 2060, which will also run circles around it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Levi90 said:

I currently have a R5 3600 and a 1050 ti. Play valorant, warzone, sea of thieves.

first of all, you have great taste in games, secondly that cpu will take you up to the rtx 2070 super, however again, if you don't care about ray tracing i urge you to go team red up to the $500 price point


@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

There may be something weird going on with pricing right now, but currently, a 1660 Ti is terrible. At the low end it's the same price as a 5600XT, which will run circles around it, and at the high end, it's actually more expensive than a 2060, which will also run circles around it.

i know, it's such a weird market for pc buying right now, i personally might end up buying an optiplex build with my little brother, and hold out on new products until it makes sense


@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×